13 Replies Latest reply on Mar 14, 2014 10:48 AM by jcanepa

Fields dont match on return to FormsCentral

Verified

I have a fillable and submitable form on my web site. The problem is that when my responses are sent the questions show up in order but the reponses are backwards making the form useless. For example... questions, drop downs and form fields are 1-46 in correct order. Answers are recorded 46-1 and do not match the question answered. I have typed, deleated, retyped and redon the form several times and am wondring if anyone knows what I am doing wrong or how to fix it. Thanks

• 1. Re: Fields dont match on return to FormsCentral
          jcanepa Adobe Employee

Set me (jcanepa@adobe.com) as a Co-author to your form and I will take a look at it.  To share the form follow the steps at: http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-2462

--

Jeff Canepa

Software Quality Engineer

Adobe Systems, Inc.

jcanepa@adobe.com

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Fields dont match on return to FormsCentral
            Verified Level 1

I see you are no longer viewing. Were you able to do anything? it loks the same on my end.

• 3. Re: Fields dont match on return to FormsCentral
              jcanepa Adobe Employee

After looking the file over I have come to a couple of conclusions.  First, there is a bug.  Fields should not be in reverse order.  Worse, some fields are imported out of sequence within the reverse order.  With your permission I would like to enter a bug defect and include your file.  Is this acceptable?

Aside from the order of the fields in the Responses tab, some other issues I uncovered are:

• Fields Text 4 and Text 6 are marked as Read Only
              • Drop Down 45 has no border
              • On Page 5 there is a hidden button with no purpose (Button 2)

To fix these issues will need Acrobat Pro and the original form (ie, the copy before you submitted it to FormsCentral).

-Jeff

• 4. Re: Fields dont match on return to FormsCentral
                Verified Level 1

I noticed those issues popping up when I was working with the form on one of the revisions. There should be no button on page two. Only buttons are rest on page one and print and submit on bottom of last page. I don't think that I have the original and I don't even know what the file name was. I will look and see if I can find the original form. Could I save it as a copy (like you need to do to edit after the form is set?)

Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 16:48:55 -0800

To: cbh02@msn.com

Subject: Fields dont match on return to FormsCentral

Re: Fields dont match on return to FormsCentral

created by Jeff Canepa in FormsCentral - View the full discussion

After looking the file over I have come to a couple of conclusions.  First, there is a bug.  Fields should not be in reverse order.  Worse, some fields are imported out of sequence within the reverse order.  With your permission I would like to enter a bug defect and include your file.  Is this acceptable?

Aside from the order of the fields in the Responses tab, some other issues I uncovered are:

Fields Text 4 and Text 6 are marked as Read OnlyDrop Down 45 has no borderOn Page 5 there is a hidden button with no purpose (Button 2) To fix these issues will need Acrobat Pro and the original form (ie, the copy before you submitted it to FormsCentral).

-Jeff

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/6161039#6161039

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/6161039#6161039

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/6161039#6161039. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in FormsCentral at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416458?tstart=0.

• 5. Re: Fields dont match on return to FormsCentral
                  Verified Level 1

I noticed those issues popping up when I was working with the form on one of the revisions. There should be no button on page two. Only buttons are rest on page one and print and submit on bottom of last page. I don't think that I have the original and I don't even know what the file name was. I will look and see if I can find the original form. Could I save it as a copy (like you need to do to edit after the form is set?)

Fields Text 4 and Text 6 are marked as Read OnlyDrop Down 45 has no borderOn Page 5 there is a hidden button with no purpose (Button 2) To fix these issues will need Acrobat Pro and the original form (ie, the copy before you submitted it to FormsCentral).

-Jeff

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/6161039#6161039

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/6161039#6161039

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/6161039#6161039. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416458?tstart=0.

• 6. Re: Fields dont match on return to FormsCentral
                    Verified Level 1

Jeff,

First off, thanks for your time and help on this. It has been my sore spot for the last 2 days! Just so you know I went to Forms Central and did a 'Save Copy' of the form. I made changes on that form which cleared all of the problems regarding boxes and buttons et. I have not put that revised and corrected copy up yet because I don't want to screw up something on your end. Now if we can just fix that bug!! I guess it's a good thing I found it before someone else had to deal with it.

I am going home now but will check my laptop for any emails in case I need to do something for you. Thanks again!

To: jive-2031634016-1dijm-2-3o1vz@mail.forums.adobe.com

Subject: RE: Fields dont match on return to FormsCentral

Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 18:01:47 -0800

-Jeff

• 7. Re: Fields dont match on return to FormsCentral
                      jcanepa Adobe Employee

I have a copy of the pdf file that is causing the bug under discussion.  If you have a revision of the file that is working, then by all means go ahead and use it. 

-Jeff

• 8. Re: Fields dont match on return to FormsCentral
                        Verified Level 1

Thanks Jeff. I will try it out when I get to the office tomorrow and let you know if I need help. Thanks for your time and good work on figuring out the problem. One question... if I load the form with my corrections will the answers line up with the questions properly?

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

• 9. Re: Fields dont match on return to FormsCentral
                          Verified Level 1

Hey Jeff,

You were helping me yesterday with the bug problem which made my forms answer backwards. I tried all day again to get it to work even using the file you sent me. Did they get the problem corrected or am I supposed to enter the questions back to front. None of the questions copied on to the file you attached. Any advise or update would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 20:41:47 -0800

Subject: Re: Fields dont match on return to FormsCentral

To: jive-2031634016-1dijm-2-3o22i@mail.forums.adobe.com

Thanks Jeff. I will try it out when I get to the office tomorrow and let you know if I need help. Thanks for your time and good work on figuring out the problem. One question... if I load the form with my corrections will the answers line up with the questions

properly?

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

• 10. Re: Fields dont match on return to FormsCentral
                            jcanepa Adobe Employee

It will be at least a couple of weeks before a fix would be posted.  In the mean time what I would advise it to change the order of the columns in the Responses Table.  To do this you "grab" the column and drag it to the location you want it to be in. 

-Jeff

1 person found this helpful
                            • 11. Re: Fields dont match on return to FormsCentral
                              Verified Level 1

Thanks. I wasn't sure on how to do that!

Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2014 10:38:36 -0800

It will be at least a couple of weeks before a fix would be posted.  In the mean time what I would advise it to change the order of the columns in the Responses Table.  To do this you "grab" the column and drag it to the location you want it to be in. 

-Jeff

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/6167276#6167276

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/6167276#6167276

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/6167276#6167276. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

• 12. Re: Fields dont match on return to FormsCentral
                                Verified Level 1

Jeff,

I was wondering if you knew or could fin out if this situation has been fixed yet. I want to use it for a couple other forms but I don't want to have to go through the hassle of making the answers match the questions.

Thanks for your time and help.

To: jive-1350708940-1dijm-2-3o6p8@mail.forums.adobe.com

Subject: RE: Fields dont match on return to FormsCentral

Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2014 12:23:39 -0800

Thanks. I wasn't sure on how to do that!

Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2014 10:38:36 -0800

-Jeff

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/6167276#6167276

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/6167276#6167276

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/6167276#6167276. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

• 13. Re: Fields dont match on return to FormsCentral
                                  jcanepa Adobe Employee

I do not have a date for a fix.