4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 27, 2014 9:38 AM by drloo4mmi

Stll no resolution to server problem?

drloo4mmi

I sent the link to several dozen new clients earlier today, who need to complete a form prior to an upcoming meeting. 

Now -- after clients began contacting me with questions -- I learn about a server problem through this forum, not from a message from FormsCentral.  This is not only frustrating, but is damaging to my company's reputation (and to mine, as well).

• 1. Re: Stll no resolution to server problem?
          Shannon Hickey Adobe Employee

We have the system stable again and apologize for the impact.

When an unexpected outage like this occurs we immediately pull all hands on deck to address the problem and resolve the issue as soon as possible. Hopefully before too many customers are impacted.

Messaging all of our customers for short-lived system issues would be considered spammy. And once a short-lived issue has turned into a larger one, you've probably already felt the hurt and have seen the forum discussions. That being said, it is fair that you'd want some way to check on FormsCentral status. Would a status page be helpful?

Thanks,

Shannon

• 2. Re: Stll no resolution to server problem?
            drloo4mmi Level 1

A status page might be helpful if some sort of alert was sent to customers so we would know to check.  The reality is, since the link to the form I sent out today is on our website, there is no way I'd be checking any status page 24/7.  People complete this form at all hours of the day and night. 

What would be better for me is a notification from FormsCentral that there is a problem.  That said, I understand that you want to channel all resources into correcting the problem.  Nonetheless, the lack of notice leaves us uninformed and unable to properly respond to our clients when they follow instructions and wind up frustrated.

• 3. Re: Stll no resolution to server problem?
              Shannon Hickey Adobe Employee

drloo4mmi,

Thank you for your input. I'm taking it back to the rest of the team to consider options. One option that I've suggested is a mailing list to which interested parties can subscribe for notifications on FormsCentral outages. I assume that would work for you?

Thanks,

Shannon

• 4. Re: Stll no resolution to server problem?
                drloo4mmi Level 1

That's a great idea.  I'd sign up immediately!  I'll wait to hear what yall decide. Thanks.