2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 27, 2014 8:09 AM by the_wine_snob

Gaps in premiere elements 12?? please help!

piercethejill

I am using premiere elements 12 and i am making a video using only pictures. when i trim the time the pictures are shown it creates a gap between the pictures. This gap will not delete, moving the pictures to a different side of the gap does not work, and there is nothing like audio that could be preventing the gap from deleting. I am trying everything to delete the gaps but they will not go away...

• 1. Re: Gaps in premiere elements 12?? please help!
          A.T. Romano Level 7

piercethejill

Please confirm

a. What computer operating system your Premiere Elements 12 is running on

and

b. If you are working in the Expert or Quick workspace.

Are you sure that you do that have content on track(s) above or below the track with the gap?

Are you saying that you cannot delete these gaps either

a. Right clicking of the gap, followed by click on Delete and Close Gap pop up

or

b. Taking the mouse cursor and dragging the clip over to fill the gap.

Please review the following blog post to see if any of its content applies to your situation.

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2014/02/pe-delete-and-close-gap-failures.html

If not, please post a screenshot of this Timeline with all tracks visible and opened.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Gaps in premiere elements 12?? please help!
            the_wine_snob Level 9

piercethejill,

Welcome to the forum.

Please pay special attention to this sentence in ATR's Reply:

Are you sure that you do that have content on track(s) above or below the track with the gap?

[Emphasis mine]

I realize that you say that there is nothing above, or below, but that is the primary cause for gaps not closing, when one clicks on the gap, and instructs the program to close it. Sometimes, it takes some vertical scrolling, to see, say a Title, or PiP, that is higher, or lower, than appears in the Expert Timeline view that we see. That is why ATR asked for clarification about it, and why I reiterated that point.

Good luck,

Hunt