6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 5, 2014 4:31 PM by AdobeUser-1991

I bought CC for Teams... how do we share project files?

cflex

I read the information about the advantages of Adobe Creative Cloud for Teams with regards to team collaboration (the word "collaboration" was used a lot in the Adobe marketing and sales media and information for CC for Teams).

I've been online for hours clicking in circles trying to figure out how my team can actually collaborate on this project we have.  So far all I can find is how to share a solitary file.

How can we collaborate and share these assets so we can start cooking on this project???

Where are the online resources to help me (support on sharing folders / assets / project files)  ???

Did I miss something?  Tell me I'm not paying extra for nothing.  I'm sure the feature has to be here somewhere... Adobe sold me on the collaboration idea.

• 1. Re: I bought CC for Teams... how do we share project files?
          olebedhead Level 1

I've been waiting 2 years for this feature. I'm very disappointed as well. I just spent 30 minutes chatting with adobe about it and they rolled back the date yet again. Very misleading. Their promo video for teams mentions a whole collaboration environment that does not exist.

• 3. Re: I bought CC for Teams... how do we share project files?
            olebedhead Level 1

Well the one page graphic doesn't explain how this is any different from regular adobe creative cloud file sync so i'm not sure if it's what i'm looking for or not.

What I am looking for is the simple feature to have my whole team of 6 designers have access to the same folder of creative files so if one person adds a file, we all have it. Seems pretty simple in the age of dropbox, box, cloud file sharing etc.

If having "late access" i mean "early access" is this, then it is the start of what i'm looking for.

Right now the only option I see is to make an individual file "public" and send a link or share an individual file with an email but then i have to do this for every file and to each individual team member.

• 4. Re: I bought CC for Teams... how do we share project files?
              JasonChristie

I have asked the question via the live chat feature... although I did not have much luck.

'Currently' (and thats not a term they use) you can only share a single file at a time, so collaborting between a team (as in TEAM Creative Cloud!) is not possible.

Surely it would make more sense to either be able to share a single file OR within the team admin section, to be able to select team mambers that have privacy or public settings within the group so that all members can see files / folders...

I have been given the phone number to call:

Adobe - Rashmitha

"In this case I request you to please contact our technical team to resolve the issue. The technical-phone support number is 0800 917 4727. They will be available 5 days a week, Monday-Friday 05:00 Am -07:00 PM (Pacific Time)."

Me

It is not a technical issue. I understand the feature is not there currently, but wanted to know if you knew if it was being added in the future?

Adobe - Rashmitha

"I am sorry we do not have information on that, once it is updated it will be published in the website."

When I asked if they knew when that might be, they said they didnt have that info either...

So to conclude... keep waiting and we might find out... at some point...

• 5. Re: I bought CC for Teams... how do we share project files?
                cflex Level 1

It is clear to me, and to many others, that there has been a willing and deliberate misleading of customers by Adobe and a false representation of product features on this subject of team collaboration, and Adobe is charging more for features it is advertising that do not exist.  That is fraud, and I think a class action lawsuit would be appropriate.  I'm not letigious, but Adobe won't respond to me or clearly state when the promised features are coming, so they should have their hands slapped via litigation.

• 6. Re: I bought CC for Teams... how do we share project files?
                  AdobeUser-1991 Level 1

cflex wrote:

It is clear to me, and to many others, that there has been a willing and deliberate misleading of customers by Adobe and a false representation of product features on this subject of team collaboration, and Adobe is charging more for features it is advertising that do not exist.  That is fraud, and I think a class action lawsuit would be appropriate.  I'm not letigious, but Adobe won't respond to me or clearly state when the promised features are coming, so they should have their hands slapped via litigation.

They don't have to. Not enough of us on here demanding that they proceed. The sad part is that I have been using Adobe for over 20 years and it was once a company who I was extremely proud of.

Now, since they have purchased most all of their competitors, power and greed have corrupted the company from the inside.

You and I are mearly a bug on Adobe's dirty windshield and thats where we'll stay until they decide to turn on the wipers and wash us away. It'll be that way until somebody else puts out better software or until there is a Revolution deep inside Adobe headquarters. 

Feelings Today: Discouraged   Just where Adobe wants me!