1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 21, 2006 3:06 PM by Newsgroup_User

Sounds

mcdwill
      Quick question for anyone out there, Is there anyway to pass a binary object to a sound object and have it play this sound without using an external URL.

Basically what I want to do is pull mp3 files out of a database and be able to play/pause them. So far the only way I've found to get this to work is to use a webserver and just point to the URL of the mp3. Have I completely missed something or is this the only way mp3's are handled?
        • 1. Re: Sounds
          Level 7
          You can use the SoundAsset class and the [Embed] metadata to compile the mp3
          directly into the swf. Check out the documentation on this class for an
          example.

--
          Jason Szeto
          Adobe Flex SDK Developer

"mcdwill" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:e6sego$536$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Quick question for anyone out there, Is there anyway to pass a binary
          > object to
          > a sound object and have it play this sound without using an external URL.
          >
          > Basically what I want to do is pull mp3 files out of a database and be
          > able to
          > play/pause them. So far the only way I've found to get this to work is to
          > use a
          > webserver and just point to the URL of the mp3. Have I completely missed
          > something or is this the only way mp3's are handled?
          >