3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 27, 2014 7:59 AM by A.T. Romano

Elements analyzer uses up CPU

VideoHero Level 1

whenever I run premiere elements, the process "elements analyzer" starts reving up and makes my cpu and gpu fans go max force. This happens even when i am not doing anything (ie i just have one video clip in the timeline and im browsing the net), and even continues when i quit PE12, until i force quit that specific process.

• 1. Re: Elements analyzer uses up CPU
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Video Hero

When you import a clip into Premiere Elements 12, a copy is automatically placed in the Elements Organizer 12. So, I would ask "What are the properties of the clips that you are importing into your project, and What is the project's project preset?"

How much content do you already have in the Elements Organizer 12?

And, if you open Elements Organizer 12 from the Welcome Screen, and browse around in the Elements Organizer 12, what is happening with regard to what you describe

"the process "elements analyzer" starts reving up and makes my cpu and gpu fans go max force"?

Are you saying that the Elements Organizer 12 remains opened even when the Premiere Elements 12 process is closed?

Have you tried to delete the Elements Organizer 12 settings file?

In the Premiere Elements 12 Expert workspace, click and hold click for 15 seconds on the Organizer Tab at the bottom of the workspace as you hold down on the Ctrl+Alt+Shift keys (altogether). Hold that click for about 15 seconds, and then release only it. You should get a pop up asking your permission to delete the Elements Organizer settings file. Click Yes. Then release your hold down on the Ctrl+Alt+Shift keys.

ATR

• 2. Re: Elements analyzer uses up CPU
            VideoHero Level 1

Yes, the analyzer keeps my video card fans blazing even after i close PE12. I closed it, and came back 40 minutes later, and my fans were still blaring and my 8-core cpu was at 98 percent because of the elements process. I will try that settings file trick. thanks

• 3. Re: Elements analyzer uses up CPU
              A.T. Romano Level 7

VideoHero

You can also get at the Elements Organizer 12 settings file the long way...maybe good to do as a double check...

Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Elements Organizer

Organizer

and in the Organizer Folder is the psa.prf file that you delete or disable. To disable rename the file from psa.prf to psa.prfOLD. Remember, work with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the complete path.

We will be watching for your results.

A more remote possibility but you may want to try nonetheless if all else fails...create a new catalog...See Elements Organizer 12 workspace, File Menu/Manage Catalogs/Catalog Manager.

ATR