9 Replies Latest reply on Feb 28, 2014 6:54 AM by the_wine_snob

Why My Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0.2 can't burn Mpeg2 format?

Arij

Hi

I have been Using Premiere Elements 3.0.2 for several years, and went succesful on every DVD I make.

Recently I uninstall and reinstall the Premiere Elements 3.0.2 on my window 7 laptop. I'm making the video from old Pictures with different files photos.

This time I'm frustrated as for the burning, the Premiere Element 3.0.2 doesn't support the MPEG2 format. and ask me to get the activation key from Adobe,

I tried several times, But unfortunatelly this is I get http://www.adobe.com/special/encoderactivation/sw_activation.html

Anyone here having the same experience??? Please help.

• 1. Re: Why My Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0.2 can't burn Mpeg2 format?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Arij

When do you get the message about MPEG2 format support, when you hit the burn button in the burn dialog or when you are exporting your Timeline content to a MPEG2 format?

I have not seen this type of issue posted here before.

Although I do not have Premiere Elements 3.0/3.0.2, I do have Premiere Elements 2. I will install that on Windows 7 64 bit tonight and see if I can export to MPEG2 file and save it to the computer hard drive and also burn the Timeline content to DVD-VIDEO standard or widescreen on DVD disc.

More later.

ATR

Add On...I forgot to ask "Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer with Premiere Elements 3.0/3.0.2?"

• 2. Re: Why My Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0.2 can't burn Mpeg2 format?
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Arij

I have not installed Premiere Elements 2 on Windows 7 Professional SP1 64 bit in recent times to the best of my recollection.

I installed it tonight on this computer and the installation went quickly and well.

I did an MPEG2 export of the Timeline content to file saved to the computer desktop

Export

MPEG

DVD Compatible

NTSC DVD

Export went to completion without issue, no signs of MPEG2 activation message.

DVD

Burn DVD

Burn went to completion without issue, no signs of MPEG2 activation message.

My suggestion would be:

Make sure your Internet connection is working...

a. Uninstall Premiere Elements 3.0/3.0.2

b. Run through your computer with ccleaner (regular cleaner and registry cleaner parts)

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

c. Install Premiere Elements 3.0 with antivirus and firewall turned Off.

d. Install the 3.0.2 Update from

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=3565

Please review and then let us know the outcome.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: Why My Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0.2 can't burn Mpeg2 format?
              the_wine_snob Level 9

ATR,

You probably know this from your experiences with earlier versions of PrE, but with PrE 4.0 (my first version), the Activation of the MainConcept MPEG-2 CODEC was done silently, and transparently over the Internet, though contact with Adobe. No sign of this Activation happening, but it did.

In previoius versions of PrE (do not know when this changed, but suspect that you will), that Activation was handled with a dialog screen, and a click, or two. At some point, that was changed to take place automatically, when the MainConcept MPEG-2 CODEC was used for the first time.

For others' information, Adobe licenses the MainConcept MPEG-2 CODEC (and some others). It is not automatically Activated, for licensing reasons. It is not until it gets used, and Activated, and then Adobe pays MainConcept for the licensing. [Note: in trial versions of PrPro, there was NO MainConcept MPEG-2 support, due to those same licensing considerations. One had to BUY their PrPro, then the MPEG-2 CODEC would be active, and Adobe would pay MainConcept $. I do not recall any version of the PrE trial being so crippled, until it was purchased?]

In the OP's case, it seems that the Activation is not completeing. From your test installation, it appears that PrE 3 also had the silent and transparent Activation, but something is stopping that process for the OP.

Good luck, and TIA for educating me on how earlier versions of PrE handled that Activation.

Hunt

• 4. Re: Why My Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0.2 can't burn Mpeg2 format?
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Hunt

Thanks for the input.

At this point, I am not completely convinced of the relevancy of the specific message that Arij is reporting regarding MPEG2 activation for Arij's Premiere Elements 3.0/3.0.2. I have used many versions of Premiere Elements, but not 3.0/3.0.2.

Backed by a good Internet connection....If I can run Premiere Elements 2 on Windows 7 Professional SP1 64 bit (a program not run there before best of my recollection) without activation notice or request for me to get an activation code, then we need to look at and beyond the message.

We will be watching for Arij's further developments.

ATR

• 5. Re: Why My Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0.2 can't burn Mpeg2 format?
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

ATR,

Thank you for that information.

Good luck to the OP.

Hunt

• 6. Re: Why My Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0.2 can't burn Mpeg2 format?
                    John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You posted a new message http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1417301?tstart=0 instead of answering questions here

• 7. Re: Why My Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0.2 can't burn Mpeg2 format?
                      Arij Level 1

I'm So sorry, I didn't see the reply button earlier. My bad for posting another question, However I still figuring how this stuff back to normal like I was before in my experience using Adobe Elements.

I got help from friend and ask me to Unistall and install it again, and I still doing it, I will let you all know what it came next this time, Thank you for all kind replies.

• 8. Re: Why My Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0.2 can't burn Mpeg2 format?
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Arij

I have just posted in your other thread the following

Arij

This is indeed a very disturbing issue. I have confirmed the path of messages that you have encountered and am not sure what to make of all this. I had not seen any prior warning of Adobe essentially pulling the plug on early versions. And, I do not see that with my Premiere Elements 2 on Windows 7 64 bit.

For now I am thinking in terms of 2 possible workarounds...

What computer was Premiere Elements 3.0/3.0.2 on before it was used on Windows 7 64 bit? If possible, can you install Premiere Elements 3.0/3.0.2 on its orginal computer to see if you are blocked from using burn to disc there also at this time?

With Premiere Elements 3.0/3.0.2 on Windows 7 64 bit, can you export your Timeline to a .mpg or wmv file? If so, you could take that file into Windows DVD Maker if it came with Windows 7 64 bit. There also may be an opportunity to download the Windows DVD maker.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-pictures/ho w-to-download-windows-dvd-maker-for-original/c169488a-7ac1-44ba-b0f0-9 02c6551971e

(See Media Features in "Turn Windows Features On or Off")

We are not Adobe here. We are Premiere Elements users who visit here at our own free will to help other Premiere Elements users. You could contact Adobe about this matter, but, you are most likely going to be greeted with the update message.

Please consider the above and then we will continue to think what next.

Thanks.

ATR

Please let us know how you and your friend do with your planned troubleshooting. Also, please review my latest comments.

Looking forward to your results.

Thank you.

ATR

• 9. Re: Why My Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0.2 can't burn Mpeg2 format?
                          the_wine_snob Level 9

ATR,

Thank you for adding your Reply to http://forums.adobe.com/message/6165058?tstart=0#6165058 (which has been Locked), to this thread. For any references, people can view that other thread.

This will keep down confusion, and all discussion should continue in this one.

Good luck,

Hunt