1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 2, 2014 5:21 AM by try67

Manual input into Combo box that exports a value to a text field

siaskey

Hi... i'm struggling ... and very new to Js...

I have a form that's used for spares / parts.... the user selects from the combo box (approx. 700 individual part numbers)... the 'Description' value is 'commited immediately' to a text field... perfect...

But new parts are being made weekly... and i dont want to keep updating the combo box weekly...

I would like the ability to input the combo box manually if the number is not available on the set list... but... also let me manually enter the description into the text field... unfortunately i cant get pass the text box resetting to my manual combo entry everytime i try...

lets say, CB-0000-0000 isnt on my list...  I enter this manually... this then appears in the text box as well... Can I stop this happening but leave the function for any number than is in my list?

While I'm here... is there any code that will predict the numbers in a Combo box... so, I type CB-5 and all the numbers starting with CB-5***-**** appear and the user doesnt have to plough through my whole list?

Many thanks for any help in advance...

Si

• 1. Re: Manual input into Combo box that exports a value to a text field
          try67 MVP & Adobe Community Professional

1. How are you populating the text field? What code are you using, and where is it located?

2. If you start typing text when the list is open, the selection will jump to the first item in the list that matches the text you've entered.

If you want to filter the list you will need to use a separate text field for the "filter" text and script to dynamically change the items of the drop-down based on that text.