4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 27, 2014 11:29 AM by Magus069

Email Submit button trying to save

talon16

When I use the email submit button it is trying to save the form instead of attaching it to an email.  Started doing this since changed OS to WIndows 7 from XP

• 1. Re: Email Submit button trying to save
          Magus069 Level 4

Are you using submit button or you are using the mailDoc method to submit the form as email?

• 2. Re: Email Submit button trying to save
            Magus069 Level 4

instead of using the submit button, use the normal button to send it via email

Insert this code to send it via email

var oDoc = event.target;

oDoc.mailDoc({

bUI: false,

cTo: "DGASAT.ACQBTHS@tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca",

cCC: "",

cSubject: "THS Extension Request - " + this.resolveNode("Main1.frmPart1.frmInformation.frmCallUpInfo.txtCallUpRef").rawValue,

cMsg: "Before submiting the email, include attachments 1, 2 and 3:\n"

});

Also if you want to validate your form before submitting, you can check before submitting it by email with this

if (form1.execValidate()){

//mailDoc

}

• 3. Re: Email Submit button trying to save
              talon16 Level 1

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your response,

I am using the email submit button, it tries to save the form on my computer which has windows7.    I tried it on another computer with windows 7 and it attached the form to an email in outlook.  It works fine on laptops with XP, thinking it is a setting on my PCM.

Chris

Sent from my iPad

• 4. Re: Email Submit button trying to save
                Magus069 Level 4

if you try the mailDoc method shown above, it should fix the problem