4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 28, 2014 9:07 AM by Matbathome

Shadowbox revisited

Matbathome Level 1

I'll start off by saying that I don't understand how to call an external javascript into Animate. I know how to load, I just don't know how to call it.

I got Fancybox.js to work with Animate. I thought it would be easy to get Shadowbox.js to work, just by swapping out the code I used for Fancybox. Here's what I currently have in the compositionReady:

$('<script type="text/javascript" src="js/shadowbox.js?v=3.0.3"></script>').appendTo("#Stage");

$('<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css/shadowbox.css?v=3.0.3" media="screen" />').appendTo("#Stage");

When you click on an object, this is the code I have that is supposed to launch Shadowbox:

$.shadowbox.open([

{

type: 'iframe',

href : 'http://player.vimeo.com/video/69182633?autoplay=1',

width : 960,

height : 540,

},

{

href : 'img/700700.png',

title : '800 x 800'

}

], {

padding : 0

});

• 1. Re: Shadowbox revisited
          Mücahit Çakır Level 1

You can import external js by this way:

http://i.imgur.com/ZtVmUkP.png

I dont know how to adapt shadowbox into EA. I'm following this topic to learn how to do it.

• 2. Re: Shadowbox revisited
            Matbathome Level 1

I know how to do that part, to import. I just don't know what to do after that. How do I call anything in that imported file?

• 3. Re: Shadowbox revisited
              Matbathome Level 1

Here is how you do it. Put this in compostionReady:

$('<script type="text/javascript" src="js/shadowbox.js"></script>').appendTo("#Stage");

$('<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css/shadowbox.css" media="screen" />').appendTo("#Stage");

var shadowElement = sym.lookupSelector('_nameofsymbol');

$(shadowElement).append($('<a style="display:block;width:100%;height:100%;" rel="shadowbox[Gallery];height=500;width=800" href="addurlhere.html" /> '));

var shadowElement = sym.lookupSelector('_anothernameofsymbol');

$(shadowElement).append($('<a style="display:block;width:100%;height:100%;" rel="shadowbox[Gallery]" href="img/nameoffile.jpg" />'));

Shadowbox.init({

// a darker overlay looks better on this particular site

overlayOpacity: 0.8,

counterType: "skip"

// setupDemos is defined in assets/demo.js

});

Make sure all the Shadowbox core files are in the right folders.

• 4. Re: Shadowbox revisited
                Matbathome Level 1

FYI, my answer came from Justin Allen. He has a fantastic blog. He hasn't updated the blog since he sent me this answer, but he said he'd probably do it for Shadowbox.

http://businessanywhere.biz/blog/2013/03/adding-a-lightbox-to-edge-animate/