4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 19, 2014 7:53 AM by MindyLadd

how to install after effects to my computer?

ninguemmerece

I just bought the CC package and downloaded After Effects, but it is not showing on my programs!!! How do I install this program?

• 1. Re: how to install after effects to my computer?
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If AE is not showing up in the Creative Cloud app then your system is not compatible. This question is asked almost daily by folks that don't check the system reuqirements.

You may be able to use CS6. Try looking for a direct download link.

• 2. Re: how to install after effects to my computer?
            ninguemmerece Level 1

I really appreciate your quick feedback. I was able to down load the CC version of Indesign and Illustrator. Why not after effects?

Sent from my iPhone

• 3. Re: how to install after effects to my computer?
              Dave LaRonde Level 6

Because your computer meets the system requirements for those other programs, but it does NOT meet the system requirements for After Effects. 

If you look closely at the available CC Applications on your machine, I wouldn't be surprised if you don't find Premiere Pro, either.  Both make heavy demands on the hardware, more than the other applications.

Now, if you're thinking, "Why didn't Adobe tell me that in the first place?" there are probably warnings before you download.  But I doubt the warnings come with flashing skull-and-crossbones icons.

My part of the country has had a rotten winter.  Now that spring is approaching, bajillions of potholes are appearing on city streets.  The city has a few "rough road" warning signs up at the worst spots.  The signs don't say, "Watch out for the biggest potholes!  They'll swallow your car!"  The city expects you to be cautious.

Likewise, Adobe expects you to read thoroughly and know your machine before you download.

• 4. Re: how to install after effects to my computer?
                MindyLadd

My system meets requirments and I was able to use the trial version. After Effects is not showing up?