• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Photoshop Elements 12-Error 213:5

Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2014 Feb 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sucessfully installed Elements 12 on my Mac Mini OS 10.9.2. Elements Organizer ran without a problem. On trying to launch Photoshop Elements 12 I received the error message Error 213:5. After reading through discussions from folks having the same or similar problem and trying the various suggestions given in those discussions I gave up and decided to post the problem again in hopes someone might help. Here is what I have done so far: Repaired permissions, Uninstalled all older Elements, Made sure permissions in the Library ->Application Support->Adobe were set to read & write, Uninstalled Elements 12 and re-installed it, even copied the installer package onto my hard drive and used that to install, re-started the computer numerous times (i.e., after each change was made). When I try to launch Photoshop Elements 12 I continue to get this screen

Error 213-5.png
Thanks in advance to anyone who has a solution.
Don

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 28, 2014 Feb 28, 2014

Well it appears I have solved my own problem. It might be a bit unconventional but here is what I did. From the System Library I copied SLStore to the User Library. Restarted the computer and re-installed PSE 12. Viola! This worked. Now both Elements Organizer and PSE 12 editor work just fine.

I am guessing but I think the Installer DVD I used placed the SLStore in the wrong directory. Oh, well, it only took me a day and a half to figure it out...Thanks Adobe.

Don

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 28, 2014 Feb 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi GreenLynx,

You have a permission issue with your SLStore directory.  I would recommend completing solution 2 of "Configuration error" CS5 -

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/configuration-error- cs5.html#main_SLStore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response, but within Library->Application Support->Adobe-> there is no SLStore folder. I did a search to no avail. It is nowhere on my HD. Was this supposed to be created when I installed the software?

Thanks, Don

PS: I noticed there is no Adobe PCD folder either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is what I have discovered while searching for SLStore and Adobe PCD. They are in the System Library not the User Library. Both have the correct Permissions in the System Library. Should they be in the User Library?

It appears that the helpx.adobe.com....... info. only addresses the User Library but explains what needs to be done to the System Library.

Since my System Library-->Application Support-->Adobe-->SLStore and Adobe PCD folder have proper Permissions. What else do you suggest?

Don

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well it appears I have solved my own problem. It might be a bit unconventional but here is what I did. From the System Library I copied SLStore to the User Library. Restarted the computer and re-installed PSE 12. Viola! This worked. Now both Elements Organizer and PSE 12 editor work just fine.

I am guessing but I think the Installer DVD I used placed the SLStore in the wrong directory. Oh, well, it only took me a day and a half to figure it out...Thanks Adobe.

Don

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines