4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 28, 2014 6:37 AM by A.T. Romano

Text style stops working while editing

Drewsons

APE 12 Text Style function stops working while I am editing.  After I start the program and I am editing text at some point I can no longer Style Text.  I need to restart the program to get text styling working again.

• 1. Re: Text style stops working while editing
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

At what point can you no longer edit the Style?

It's a known limitation of the program that, if you close a title after applying a style, you can't re-open it and apply a different style.

• 2. Re: Text style stops working while editing
            Drewsons Level 1

Steve,

Will ADOBE fix this text styling issue?

• 3. Re: Text style stops working while editing
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Drewsons,

Will ADOBE fix this text styling issue?

This is something that we do not know. Adobe is always very closed-lips on what they are working on. There have been fixes and patches to some versions of PrE, but not that many. That is partly due to the 12 mo. release schedule of the program. Sometimes, issues are not addressed, until the next version, but sometimes there are patches.

I wish that I could tell you more, but just do not know. In some other product forums, and Adobe engineer will often post a Blogpost with details and release dates for updates/patches, but usually not until a few days before release.

Good luck to us all, and at least there IS a workaround available - until... ?

Hunt

• 4. Re: Text style stops working while editing
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Drewsons

Yes, there is a known issue with Styles in the Expert workspace of Premiere Elements 12.

But, I do not see where the user to user fix has been mentioned to you yet.

The problem does not exist in the Quick workspace. So the workaround has been to toggle between the Expert and

Quick workspaces to work with your Style applied to text in Premiere Elements 12.

Please check out the above, and let us know if I have misinterpreted your question.

Thanks.

ATR