2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 1, 2014 9:43 AM by brad.magnus

Backing up all plugins in Ae?

brad.magnus Level 1

I've got a hard drive going bad, and I'm on the verge of losing my system. I'm not able to make a system image, which would save me the hours and days of re-installing my software etc. Is there a way to save my time on installing all the plugins I have for Ae CC?

Can you just copy the "Plugins" folder out of Program Files?

• 1. Re: Backing up all plugins in Ae?
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Some plug-ins from 3rd party suppliers require installers so the answer is not always.

I'd just re-install everything unless you can get a good disk image. Sometimes it's best to just remove the hard drive that is going bad, install the new OS and then try and do a system restore from your old hard drive.

• 2. Re: Backing up all plugins in Ae?
            brad.magnus Level 1

Thanks Rick. Yesterday I was making the hard choice of whether or not I should spend a ton of time trying to get an image (the windows 7 default thing wasn't working) or just start fresh. I unfortunately just started fresh... now to reinstall all the software and plugins. This is going to take some time unfortunately.

Oh and also, I can't system restore, as I'm on a Raid 0 system... Thanks for that tip though. Hope it helps someone.

1 person found this helpful