5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 6, 2014 12:39 PM by peterlen

Photoshop CS5 and Mountain Lion Mac

peterlen

Apple Mac Pro- 2 x 2.26 Ghz Quad-core Intel Xeon    Epson 2880 printer.

Mac with Leopard then Snow Leopard.........all ok

Upgrade to Lion.........few issues with printer

Because I wanted LightRoom 5 ... upgrade to Mountain Lion OSX 10.8.5. Since when cannot get any ink to flow to print an image.  Printer starts and appears to go throutgh the printing cycle, print head zips back and for.,  paper progresses and expelled from printer  but no image printed

Cannot contact Adobe;      Apple  say not their fault/problem ; Epson cannot help

Can anyone help please ?

• 1. Re: Photoshop CS5 and Mountain Lion Mac
          Noel Carboni Level 8

I hate to ask, but does the printer have a self-test or self-clean function?  Any chance it's just out of ink?

-Noel

• 2. Re: Photoshop CS5 and Mountain Lion Mac
            Level 5

Noel,

The Epson 2880 uses 9 UltraChrome K3 Inks with 4 Blacks [8-color (Cyan, Light Cyan, Vivid Magenta, Vivid Light Magenta, Yellow, Light Black, Light Light Black, and Matte or Photo Black)]. If even one of them is out of ink, it tells you so with flashing lights, and the whole thing refuses to move.

Since the OP says "the print head zips back and forth", there's no way it's out of ink. 

Sorry, I can't help.  I did not upgrade the Mac OSX to Mountain Lion (10.8.x) but stayed at Lion 10.7.5.

• 3. Re: Photoshop CS5 and Mountain Lion Mac
              Level 5

peterlen wrote:

…Cannot contact Adobe…

Adobe wouldn't help you, as they don't support CS5 any longer.

See if you can print out of Apple's Preview or something like adobe InDesign.

Check to see if the Pause light is flashing. If so, the printer is in the process of head cleaning, ink charging or ink drying. During head cleaning, ink charging, and ink drying, PLEASE WAIT appears on the LCD. Wait until the printer resumes printing.

Try doing a forum search or Google it, I remember someone had a similar problem with the print heads moving back and forth but no ink coming out.  My brain is too fuzzy as to the solution given.  Sorry.

CLICK HERE

• 4. Re: Photoshop CS5 and Mountain Lion Mac
                Telbertimages

I just called Adobe about printing issues with CS5 and they wouldn't help me.  No support for CS5.  I have a Epson photo 1400 and Imac with 10.9.2 and all of a sudden everytime I open my print window and try to use print set up it crashes.  I updated the driver and the software.  Still no luck.  I have used this combo with no problem until this week. And I can print out of all of my other applications.  When I open the printer I can do test prints. 

• 5. Re: Photoshop CS5 and Mountain Lion Mac
                  peterlen Level 1

Hi and thanks for your reply/query.   I've Photoshop CS 4 problems on upgrading both to Snow Leopard -continued with Lion and most recently exactly the same with Mountain Lion when I could not print using Photoshop CS4; but only problem with PS CS4. The printer happily printing using any other application eg Word, Quick Look and Adobe Lightroom 5.

ANother problem: sending an Image from LR to PS  .   "Location Changed " message

Tried to print out of PS when signed in as a Guest  ...............printed as normal from photoshop.

I 'Un-installed' Photoshop (and all the others Bridge etc) 

Shut down and re-started;   re-loaded PS4 from Disk....and    Bingo ! all ok !

I did check Printer settings in Mt Lion 'Preferences'    otherwise all seems well.   Best wishes   Peterlen