• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audition is unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2014 Feb 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had no other issues with CC products apart from this.

I have Adobe CS5.5 installed, is this the reason why it wont start?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, having an older version of Adobe installed doesn't usually cause any problems. I have several versions from AA 1.5 upto and including Audition CC and they all work quite happily alongside each other on the same PC.

Are you both using Audition on PC or Mac systems? More information would be useful including which version of Operating System are you running and what sort of audio interface?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im running a pc with windows 7. I have'nt a clue what type of audio interface I'm running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

basically i have downloaded the trival version and as soon as i went to open it came up with this Untitled-2.jpg

I am using windows 7. I have already got dreawweaver and photoshop and fireworks they have all worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I now have the same problem with Adobe Flash and Adobe Premiere Pro CC. They are all trials, as i dont want to have to pay for them if they are no good for me. so please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is sometimes caused by a corrupted or mis-installed Visual C++ runtime library, which is a Windows library that provides support for applications.  This is usually installed by the application if it's not already available.

If you open Control Panel > Programs and Features, how many items do you see labeled "Microsoft Visual C++ #### Redistributable" ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a thread in the Premiere Pro forum about the same issue: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4998719

I would recommend uninstalling the Microsoft Visual c++ Redistributable 2010 x64 item, which both Audition and Premiere (and other applications) require, and reinstall it clean. You can download it directly from Microsoft by visiting http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=14632

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So delete all of them files that I currently have and replace with what I download from windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, no.  Just uninstall the items "Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x64 Redistributable" and ".. Runtime" if you have both.  The Redistributable package contains both, and I suspect there may be some conflicts if multiple variations of the same version/package are installed as it appears in Charlie_Creese's screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have uninstalled REDISTRIBUATLE x64 do i do the same for designtime x64, runtime x64 and what about the x86

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Untitled.jpg

I downloaded and installed from the link and this is what I have now. But now  adobe audtion still wont work. Have I done something wrong or missed something. I appologise I'm not computer or tech savy at all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not working either

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok.  I recommend visiting http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?product=creative-cloud&topic=downloading-updating-and-installing... and chatting with an Adobe Technical Support rep who can walk you through troubleshooting this problem in more depth. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 04, 2014 Mar 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hannah,

I saw you're still having this issue.  Can you send me an e-mail to audbugs@adobe.com and we'll see if we can figure this out?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2014 Mar 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One thing that's occurred to me - exactly how many copies of the redistributable does one need? Can't help thinking that rather less of them might not be a bad thing...

Which is a roundabout way of saying to try ditching all of them, and just installing single 32- and 64- bit versions, perhaps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have started to uninstal the microsoft visual c ++ 2010 redistrubutavble package x64

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure which ones but here are allUntiaqwetled-2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines