3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 2, 2014 9:26 AM by Dean JG

Text display issue after migrating from a laggy .ind file

Dean JG

Hi

Ok so i have a 78 page product catalogue to finish, i was on a deadline and the original file was laggy. i couldnt scroll with out the program slowing down to a stand still, every action was painfull. so i created a new document and imported the files, this worked perfectly however i have come across a weird formatting issue that i cannot resolve. to me it looks like its reverted the middle east version of formatting in indesign cc but i dont know how to rectify. I have chatted online to help who said the Indesign department was closed and i have been on hold over the space of 3 calls for over 1hour and 40 minutes....

Here is a description with screens

Ok so some product descriptions look like this "2 x blah blah" but now they display like this "x blah blah 2" and everytime i place a space between the 2 & x it moves the digit to the end of the line. Same applies with fullstops etc but instead of me putting a fullstop at the end like so "blah blah." it appears like so ".blah blah) and is placed at the beginning of that line.

See images:

Screen Shot 2014-02-28 at 17.25.12.png

Screen Shot 2014-02-28 at 17.25.22.png

Please i need help with this, if i have to hold on the phone any longer the person who pics it up will be having a really bad day...

Thanks

Dean