5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 5, 2014 4:43 PM by Tim Lorang RSS

No Thumbnails showing in content pane, only icons

granby

Hello.  Im running windows 8.1 32Bit and CS6.

I had to reinstall the entire OS and then reinstalled CS6 and now Bridge will not show any thumbnails at all, of any kind.  Image files will open in PS6 no problem but I need them to open in Bridge so I can organise all the image files. Prior to reinstalling CS6, Bridge had no problems showing all thumbnails from all folders and image types.

The image files that do show are only represented by an Icon, thats for all image types. They all show 0bytes in size but does show the image name ie: _img_2014.jpg or cr2.

Please help as Im at my witts end! 

• 1. Re: No Thumbnails showing in content pane, only icons
          Curt Y Community Member

Purge cache.  Hold down Ctrl key and start PS.  You will get a reset window.

• 2. Re: No Thumbnails showing in content pane, only icons
            granby Community Member

Thanks Curt Y but I have purged the cache a number of times to no avail. For some reason I dont get a 'reset window' when I do the CTRL + PS, PS simply loads up as per normal.  Mini bridge also shows comes up, goes to the last folder of photos and again only shows icons.  the little spinning wheel/arrow in the bottom left spins for a bit [as if its updating/creating thumbnails] then stops and again only icons appear -and out of focus no less lol.

Thanks again.

• 3. Re: No Thumbnails showing in content pane, only icons
              RWSP Community Member

Since problem appears to be in Bridge, you will want to try to reset Bridge preferences.  Press and hold the Ctrl key while starting Bridge (not PS).

After an OS reinstall you may need to update your system's video card driver.  A quick check:  In Photoshop - Edit > Preferences >Performance and see if Use Graphics Processor is checked.

Other things to try:  Edit Preferences > Advanced > Check Use Software Rendering; and ensure that Startup Scripts are checked (Edit Preferences > Startup Scripts).

• 4. Re: No Thumbnails showing in content pane, only icons
                granby Community Member

Thanks for your reply Robet S, and thanks for all the sugestions etc. The problem seems to be resolved now due to more digging around. In windows file explorer i noticed that the image files/folders were all showing available 'online only'.  all my photos are stored in the cloud. I tried an experiment and right clicked on a folder of photos and told it to make the folder and files available 'offline available'.  Well this seemed to do the trick and now all image files are available in PS and Bridge. 

I didnt have to do any of this the first time so not sure how the files in the cloud became 'online availble' only.

Thanks again for all your help!

• 5. Re: No Thumbnails showing in content pane, only icons
                  Tim Lorang

Thanks granby,

I was having the same problem. Making the files "offline available" did the trick.

Tim