0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 16, 2006 5:59 AM by aniebel

How to set Tween timing?

aniebel Level 2
      Hi, I've tried this a few different ways but either I've written the code wrong or I am attacking it from the wrong angle. I'm learning the Tween class and how to animate using it. What I would like to do is set up all the animation in frame 1, if possible, specifiying what will happen at certain times throughout the movie. It is not interactive... simply plays straight through with one animation happening... then the next... then the next...

I thought maybe I could use "onEnterFrame" for each animation, specifying which frame each animation would occur using "_currentframe" but then I learned that only one onEnterFrame could be used at a time. So I tried using multiple "if" statements within that but I couldn't figure out when to delete the onEnterFrame without it affecting remaining tweens.

The only way I was able to get it to work was to place onEnterFrame functions on the frames themselves but I don't think this is necessary, is it? I should be able to tell it to do each tween from frame 1, shouldn't I?

I'm not looking for someone to spoon-feed the code to me... just point me in the right direction and I'll try to figure it out from there.