2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 28, 2014 12:48 PM by claycalv

Can you combine two animations?

claycalv

I created an Edge animate animation, but want to put it into another file I am working on. How can I do this?

• 1. Re: Can you combine two animations?
          Muscavado

There are certainly people a lot more knowledgeable about Edge than me - but what I did, and it worked, was publish, copy the published runtime and put it into the head -  copy the other edge_  files into the root, the div with the EDGE class, and then use that class definition in css , by overriding  with [style]

e.g.: in the body:

<div id="Stage" class="EDGE-55507062"></div>

and in css:

.EDGE-55507062[style] {

display:block:

whatever...

}

Only other tips about this are ensure you also bring in edge_includes file; chuck out any extra images, symbols etc. that you're not using before publishing, correct the path in the runtime if you need to...

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Can you combine two animations?
            claycalv Level 1

Actually, I figured out a way more straightforward way, which was to select all timeline transitions, copy them, and then go to my new animation, and go to Edit>Paste Special>Paste All, and it will include all your animation elements including their timed transitions. Not sure if it includes action events, but still, pretty great.