8 Replies Latest reply on Mar 3, 2014 6:38 PM by A.T. Romano

No burners detected

l3bpilot

I recently had to replace the CD/DVD drive in the computer. Since then, Premier Elements 10 shows "No burners detected" when I try to create a DVD. Clicking "Rescan" does not help. I can create a VIDEO_TS folder and use other sodtware to dreate a DVD, but cannot do so directly from PE-10.

How to fix?

• 1. Re: No burners detected
          A.T. Romano Level 7

l3bpilot

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 10 running on?

Pending further information, please see if you feel comfortable refreshing the DVD drivers as described in the following Adobe document. It has proven successful for some in the no burner detected.

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cd-dvd-drive-recognized-application.html

By the way, is it only Premiere Elements that does not recognize the new burner? Can you see the drive on the Computer when Premiere Elements is not involved?

We will be watching for your progress.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...What video card/graphics card does your computer use?

• 2. Re: No burners detected
            l3bpilot Level 1

Windows 7. Worked fine until I changed the drive.

• 3. Re: No burners detected
              l3bpilot Level 1

Sorry was reading your previous post on the phone and didn't get the whole thing. Computer is running Windows 7. I really don't feel comfotrable editing the registry, however, I did uninstall the drive and reinstall it. I also had to uninstall and reinstall iTunes as it was causing issues. Now everything except PE sees the drive and can use it; that includes Windows Media Player, NTI DVD Maker and iTunes.

• 4. Re: No burners detected
                l3bpilot Level 1

Follow-up question. Didn't see a way to re-download PE-10 from the Adobbe site, but I did find the file "PremiereElements_10_LS15_win64.exe" in my saved install files. I assume running it would reinstall PE-10 if I uninstall it?

• 5. Re: No burners detected
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

13bpilot

Thanks for the follow up.

I got myself into a bad situation recently with regard to no burner recognized by Windows and Premiere Elements related to iTunes. I am not sure if you want ot check it out.

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2013/12/pe-burn-location-no-burners-found.html

I believe the refreshing the DVD drivers would probably resolve the matter, but for now let us put that idea aside until you feel ready for it.

What you might want to do is

a. Deactivate your Premiere Elements 10 from within the opened project...Help Menu/Deactivate. Close out of there.

b. Uninstall the program via the usual Control Panel route.

c. If you feel comfortable with it, do a run through of cclean to get rid of leftovers from incomplete installs or uninstalls

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

d. Reinstall your Premiere Elements 10 with the antivirus and firewalls turned off.

Please update us on your progress when you get a chance.

Thank you.

ATR

• 6. Re: No burners detected
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

l3bpilot

I am not sure what you found. Typically the installation file is the one named Setup.exe.

If you purchased Premiere Elements 10 from Adobe as a purchased download, you should be able to get another download by going to http://www.adobe.com, Signing in with your Adobe ID and password, going to Welcome l3bpilot, and then My Orders and/or My Products.

Do not uninstall anything until you are sure that you have the right installation files.

A popular way to do this is to go to the following web site and download the Premiere Elements 10 tryout from there. Once you have it downloaded, install it using your purchased serial number. The important part of all this is that you read the Note: Very Important Instructions section before you attempt to click on the link for the downloads at that web site. Otherwise you will get hit by Access Denied.

http://prodesigntools.com/photoshop-elements-10-direct-download-links-pse-premiere-pre.htm l

That web site has some sort of arrangement with Adobe to make those old downloads available. That web site does not sell the download/tryouts.

Please let us know if that works for you. We can talk about getting additional program downloads from Adobe and your Order in the morning if necessary.

Thanks.

ATR

• 7. Re: No burners detected
                      l3bpilot Level 1

AT… Just wanted to let you know I haven’t forgotten this… I did re-download the install

files… They are the same as the one I mentioned before (also same size)… Been busy with

other things… Hopefully I’ll get to re-installing PE-10 in a couple of days… Keeping my

fingers crossed… Thanks for all the help so far!!!

John

• 8. Re: No burners detected
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

l3bpilot

We will be watching for further development when you get the chance.

If your install is for Premiere Elements 10, please keep away from NVIDIA GeForce video card.

There is an epidemic of display and other unexplained issues going around since October 2013 which forces the Premiere Elements 10 user to roll back the video card driver in order to get rid of these Premiere Elements 10 problems.

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2014/02/pe10-nvidia-video-card-roll-back.html

ATR