23 Replies Latest reply on Sep 4, 2015 11:56 AM by A.T. Romano

Premiere Elements 12 MP4 Audio out of Sync

Triikz

Hi, I have just purchased Premiere Elements 12 and im editing MP4's but it seems that for some reason when i import them into PE12 the audio and video is fine up to a certain point then for some reason the audio gets out of sync. But when i play the raw file in VLC its totally fine =\ Anyone have any ideas?

Windows 7 64 Bit with 64bit Version installed.

P.S It seems to just happen on longer videos around 10mins

The only way ive managed to fix this is ungroup the audio and video and cut the audio down so its in sync.. im not doing that every time. Pretty dissapointed with this software tbh =\

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 12 MP4 Audio out of Sync
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

There are a number of codecs for producing MP4s, Triikz, and not all of them work equally well in Premiere Elements.

What model of camcorder is this video coming from and what resolution is it?

Also, do ensure you've got the latest version of Quicktime, per the program's requirements.

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 12 MP4 Audio out of Sync
            Triikz Level 1

So this is gameplay footage im recording. I'm recording via Nividia's shadowplay feature which outputs .mp4 h.264. I've got a bunch of other videos that when i put into APE they dont come out of sync, but then some from a recent recording go out of sync within a few minutes but when i play them outside of APE they're totally fine. Resolution is 1920x1080 60FPS raw file. I will try updating Quicktime right now and see if that makes a difference for me.

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 12 MP4 Audio out of Sync
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

When you place this video on the timeline in Expert view, is there a yellow orange line above the clips? This indicates that Premiere Elements is having a tough time assimilating the video. This is pretty common with non-camcorder video.

Try opening the video in G Spot or MediaInfo and posting to this forum the resolution, frame rate and audio and video codecs it reports.

http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

If it can't identify the video codec, we've got problems.

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements 12 MP4 Audio out of Sync
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Triikz

What is the video and audio bitrates for the recordings that you are taking into Premiere Elements 12 project?

Do you have any control over video and audio bitrates of the recordings? If so, I would look at that factor.

ATR

• 5. Re: Premiere Elements 12 MP4 Audio out of Sync
                  Gazi

Having the same issues

When i purchased adobe elements 12 about 4, 5 months ago there was no problem ..... i noticed it started about four or five driver updates ago (nvidia updates)

the properties for a clip i recorded with nvidia shadow

Capture.JPG

Setting within nvidia shadow

Capture 1.JPG

the clip starts out fine the gets distorted towards the end really out of sync

• 6. Re: Premiere Elements 12 MP4 Audio out of Sync
                    Gazi Level 1

Capture 2.JPG

a portion of the clip in adobe

... really need help with this cuz the reason i bought this software was to edit the clips i record ... tryed alot of things like converting it with other software b4 using adobe but the quality just goes down the drain

• 7. Re: Premiere Elements 12 MP4 Audio out of Sync
                      Gazi Level 1

there is no way to change the audio setting while capture ... just has an option for ingame audio

• 8. Re: Premiere Elements 12 MP4 Audio out of Sync
                        Gazi Level 1

would absolutely love for some one from abobe to contact nvidia and ask what codex der using and send us an update to fix this.  At the moment I'm using fraps to record but would rather use nvidia shadow ...

as i said the problem did not exist about 4 to 5 months ago but now does.

• 9. Re: Premiere Elements 12 MP4 Audio out of Sync
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Gazi

This is not Adobe. This is a user to user forum.

If you want to contact Adobe, the way to do that is via its Adobe Chat for questions specific to Premiere Elements 12 (the current version, while it still is the current version).

This is the link to Adobe Chat for you to explore:

Contact Customer Care

NVIDIA Shadow Play that you are using, apparently for screen capture purposes, is a NVIDIA product. Have you contacted NVIDIA about its product which appears to be a "beta" version at that?

If you can supply more details about your source, perhaps I could spot the core of the issue. Properties from a video audio properties readout program such as MediaInfo would be very helpful in this regard. I find it curious that the properties readout that you post has no Video and Audio bitrate. The video compression shown appears to be H.264 and the audio format seems to be AAC. But what is the wrapper format as represented by the file extension of the file.

An aside....By the way, QuickTime is a requirement for Premiere Elements (any version). And it, like Premiere Elements needs to be run from a User Account with Administrative Privileges and often also with Run As Administrator applied.

Please clarify, you seem to be saying, that 4 or 5 months ago, you could work with "NVIDIA Shadow Play Beta" recorded video in Premiere Elements 12  without issue, but now you cannot?

a. Do you have the audio out of sync video issue with both the video recorded 4 or 5 months ago and the video recorded today?

b. Is the problem gone for both when you roll back the driver version to what it was 4 or 5 months ago.

The answers to both of those questions would be a good starting point.

ATR

• 10. Re: Premiere Elements 12 MP4 Audio out of Sync
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

Gazi

Add on to my post numbered 9...

Are you saying that when you do your screen captures with Fraps, you do not have any audio out of sync issues with its screen captures?

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 12 running on? Have you updated from 12 to 12.1 via a project's

Help Menu/Updates?

ATR

• 11. Re: Premiere Elements 12 MP4 Audio out of Sync
                              Gazi Level 1

Ye sorry about that... I have checked updates for adobe and it is up to date

...and yes I'm using Fraps to capture games and it works fine .... also I cant remember the last nvidia driver that last worked. also it's Gforce Experience that houses the capture program (shadowplay)

anyways got the info any help would be great

thanks

will post a video link on youtube so you can see the problem.

Capture.JPG

• 12. Re: Premiere Elements 12 MP4 Audio out of Sync
                                A.T. Romano Level 7

Gazi

I suspect I have your answer from the properties readout of the file.

Premiere Elements often does not fare well with video recorded with a variable frame rate. The extent of the issue ranges from audio out of sync to not being able to import the file. I am suspecting that Fraps uses a constant frame rate where as NVIDIA Shadow is not.

Just look at the frame rate of your NVIDIA Shadow Beta file

Minimum Frame Rate 12.951 progressive frames per second

Maximum Frame Rate 63.830 progressive frames per second

Frame Rate 60 progressive frames per second

If all of the above is correct, the answers are

a. Stay with Fraps if it is indeed recording with a constant frame rate

or

b. Take the NVIDIA Shadow Beta file into HandBrake and convert the variable frame rate to a constant 60 progressive frames per second.

http://handbrake.fr/

I can give you a step by step for HandBrake and the variable to constant frame rate in the next post.

Please review, consider, and let us know what is happening.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...Just to complete the thought, I will post the HandBrake How To in my next post within the hour.

• 13. Re: Premiere Elements 12 MP4 Audio out of Sync
                                  Gazi Level 1

I think your right with the frame rate thingy ....just uploading a video to youtube which i'll post here soon.. and from what i can see the video starts out fine then things get bizy on screen and it seems to get out of sync at that point in time.

my specs are

GPU GTX Titan

CPU Intel 3770

RAM 32 GB

WIN 7 Ultimate

also getting strange colours when pasting videos on timeline .... the pictures here are of the colour distortion when pasting videos to time line these are pics of the video i will be posting (the colour distortion also happens with other videos captured with fraps but the videos turn out fine with fraps)

Uploading video now will post

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

Also audio does not appear for a while once pasted to timeline (only on shadow play files)

• 14. Re: Premiere Elements 12 MP4 Audio out of Sync
                                    Gazi Level 1

Also Vsync is set to on while recording these files

• 15. Re: Premiere Elements 12 MP4 Audio out of Sync
                                      Gazi Level 1

will post a properties readout of a file captured with fraps

• 16. Re: Premiere Elements 12 MP4 Audio out of Sync
                                        Gazi Level 1

Capture.JPG

FRAPS Media info

• 17. Re: Premiere Elements 12 MP4 Audio out of Sync
                                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Gazi

These are the HandBrake how to details...

1. Download and install HandBrake

http://handbrake.fr/

2. In the HandBrake workspace, click on Source/Open File

Typically, I set the Chapters to Seconds

Destination - Browse to the Save Location you want for the converted file.

Leave Container as Mp4

Leave settings under the Picture Tab as is.

HandBrake1.JPG

Click on the Video Tab and set for

Video Codec = H.264 (x264)

Framerate (FPS) = 60

and dot the Constant Framerate choice

leave everything else as is for now.

Click on the Start button at the top left of the workspace.

Watch for Queue Finished in the progress bar at the bottom left of the workspace.

After you or the project set the project preset for NTSC AVCHD AVCHD 1080p60, import the converted

file into Premiere Elements with its Add Media/Files and Folders.

Make sure the project does it right...if not set the project preset manually

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE11: Accuracy of Automatic Project Preset (New Project Dialog) Setting

ATR

• 18. Re: Premiere Elements 12 MP4 Audio out of Sync
                                            A.T. Romano Level 7

Gazi

I did not see your posts numbered 15 and 16 until after I had posted (post number 17).

The constant frame rate of Fraps supports my thoughts that the variable framerate of NVIDIA Shadow Beta  is at the core

of your Premiere Elements audio out of sync issue.

Let us see.

Thanks for the follow ups.

ATR

• 20. Re: Premiere Elements 12 MP4 Audio out of Sync
                                              Gazi Level 1

Sound Test ShadowPlay and Adobe Sync - YouTube

done

May have to click HD for better quality

will try handbrake and post findings

• 21. Re: Premiere Elements 12 MP4 Audio out of Sync
                                                A.T. Romano Level 7

Gazi

Thanks for the follow ups.

Just starting my day. We will be looking forward to your results when your schedule permits.

Any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to let us know.

ATR

• 22. Re: Premiere Elements 12 MP4 Audio out of Sync
                                                  vancer48963400

Came here just to say thanks to A.T. Romano for that Handbrake suggestion.  I've been pulling my hair out over this stupid problem and this was the only thing that fixed it!  Thank you so much!

Just for reference, I'm recording Minecraft videos using the Windows 10 Game DVR.  It works great for me, but there are no real options for choosing bit rate, etc.  The video produced looks great in every application EXCEPT Premiere Essentials 13, where the audio is severely out of sync.  I don't know why it can't handle variable bit rate.

But running the video through Handbrake first according to your directions worked perfectly, and I can get back to editing now.  Thanks again!

• 23. Re: Premiere Elements 12 MP4 Audio out of Sync
                                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

vancer

Thanks for the report on what worked for you using HandBrake to get beyond the Premiere Elements audio out of sync issue with your source video. Great information to have in the Premiere Elements troubleshooting toolbox.

Adobe is expected to release a new version of Premiere Elements September October 2015. Adobe does not give details of the new version until the moment of its release. If you do opt to go to the new version, we would be interested in learning of your experiences with it and your Minecraft video as your time permits.

Please do not hesitate to ask questions and ask for clarification on your Premiere Elements workflows. We appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance.

Best wishes

ATR