4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 1, 2014 9:25 AM by A.T. Romano

Latest graphics driver

worjan

Hallo

I am using Asus laptop A53SK latest graphics driver AMD Radeon HD 7610M version 8.901.0.0. I have also installed the very latest driver from ATI: AMD Catalyst Hydra Vision Package 13.12. Still I get the message when trying to start to use Adobe Premiere Elements 12:  ”A compatible graphics driver have been identified. If you want faster and better playback performance you upgrade your graphics driver”. This blocks my use of the product I have bought from you. What shall I do?

Looking forward to your reply

ÖW

• 1. Re: Latest graphics driver
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Once you've installed the new driver, delete the BadDriver.txt file, per our FAQs.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/769303?tstart=0

• 2. Re: Latest graphics driver
            A.T. Romano Level 7

worjan

If your computer operating system is Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit, I would make this "just in case" mention about the BadDrivers.txt file location for Premiere Elements 12.

Local Disk C

Program Files

Adobe

Premiere Elements

in the Premiere Elements Folder is the BadDrivers.txt file for version 12 that you are going to delete. Besides the BadDrivers.txt file in that Premiere Elements Folder can be some folders which will contain a BadDrivers.txt file for the program designated by the folder name. You do not want anything in those folders (if there) in the Premiere Elements Folder in the path cited. You want only the BadDrivers.txt file in the Premiere Elements Folder.

Looking forward to your results.

Are you within 30 days of purchase of Premiee Elements 12 purchased from Adobe?

ATR

• 3. Re: Latest graphics driver
              John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

>the product I have bought from you

This is not Adobe support, this is a user to user forum with the space provided by Adobe

Adobe contact information - http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

• 4. Re: Latest graphics driver
                A.T. Romano Level 7

worjan

Add On to my post numbered 2....

I missed the point that John has caught in your post

This blocks my use of the product I have bought from you

As he has stated, we are not Adobe. This is a user to user forum, and I am one of the users of the program. So, I did not want you to think otherwise when I concluded my previous post  with

Are you within 30 days of purchase of Premiere Elements 12 purchased from Adobe?

Depending on your reply, I was going to post a link to Adobe via its Adobe Chat for you to deal with "Orders, Refunds, and Exchanges" which is strictly an Adobe matter.

http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?product=premiere-elements&topic=orders-refunds-and-exc hanges

If you click on the link, when it opens, click on "I still need help" to bring up the Adobe Chat.

ATR