2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 1, 2014 1:55 PM by A.T. Romano

How to get Premiere Elements 8 to sort by Name?

cdalefoto

I have a newer computer with an i7 cpu, 16 Gig of Memory, an SSd of 250 G, a second hdd with 1 T, running windows 7 and all updates.

I am using Premiere Elements 8 for the first time. I want to make a slide show from 753 photos that I arranged and numbered in the order I want them to show up in the slideshow.

How evere, Premiere resorts every thing into dates, newest or oldest.  What?  It can't even to that right as some photos are over 60 years old and they show up all over the place.

I have worked long and hard to make sure all scanned photos are rite side up and in the proper order.  Surely Adobe can't be this lame?

Can any one help?

Dale

• 1. Re: How to get Premiere Elements 8 to sort by Name?
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

No, it's not that lame.

Have you tried setting the setting the Organize/Project panel to List View and then clicking the Name column header to set it to list by name?

• 2. Re: How to get Premiere Elements 8 to sort by Name?
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Dale

Given you have 753 photos that you have numbered and ordered for a slideshow destination.

What is your numbering scheme?

Where are these 753 photos at this time in their numbered and ordered fashion.

Where are you preparing the slideshow - Elements Organizer Create Slideshow Editor or some place else.

I see several doable scenarios on this, none mentioned

Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1...

Organizer - Organize header/Album

1. Create an Album of your numbered and ordered photos (the Album has features to achieve these purposes...note when you have an Album, the Sort Order = Album Order.

a. Select the Album and take it into the Organizer Create Slideshow

or

b. Select the Album and take it into Premiere Elements via the right click command Edit with Premiere Elements

The photos should stay in order in "a" or "b".

If you have your photos in a folder on the hard drive (numbered and ordered), then import the whole folder into Premiere Elements with its Get Media/Files and Folder and drag the whole folder to the Timeline....the photos will present on the Timeline as numbered and in order.

If you have 753 photos, what is your numbering system 0001 to 0753 or something else?

My usual drill for Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 users...

a. Is automatic Background Rendering and AutoAnalzyer Turned Off

b. Are you working from the 8.0.1 Update of the program?

c. Is the Enable GPU Playback in preferences the correct one for your video card/graphics card which we assume is up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the video card/graphics card.

d. What are the pixel dimensions of those 753 photos?

Let us start here. I know the above works for me. Let us determine if this works for you also.

Thanks.

ATR