4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 4, 2014 7:03 PM by A.T. Romano

Premiere Elements will not open

Pekin Grey

I have been using Premiere Elements 11 for some time. It has been working fine. Recently, it won't open. There is a message which says to uninstall and reinstall he product. I have done that. No help. The message says to contact Adobe support and mention Error:1 Can you help?

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements will not open
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

You may need to contact Adobe support. (This is a user to user forum. It's not Adobe support.)

But first try this.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/542377?tstart=30

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements will not open
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Pekin Grey

Here is an Premiere Elements 12 Error 1 story with a happy ending. Please check it out and see if any of it works for you with your Premiere Elements 11 problem. At this point, I do not think that product licensing has anything to do with your issue, but time will tell.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/6124261#6124261

In the above link the user sought alternative installation files and that worked to resolve the issue as described in the link.

If you were to follow that approach, you could download Premiere Elements 11 tryout files from the following link and then insert your purchased Premiere Elements 11 serial number in it.

http://prodesigntools.com/photoshop-elements-11-direct-download-links-pse-premiere-pre.htm l

The above web site offers the tryouts of some earlier versions but does not sell them.

For this to work for you, you must read very carefully the Note: Very Important Instructions at that web site. Otherwise you will be greeted by Access Denied.

Please consider and then let us know the outcome.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On...I forgot to ask. Are you working from installation files purchased from Adobe or from a purchased installation disc that came with boxed packaging of the product? If the former, you could always get another download of the product at "My Orders" or "My Products" at Adobe.

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements will not open
              Pekin Grey Level 1

Thank You for the info. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to solve the problem yet. I reinstalled Premiere Elements 9 and it is working fine. So, I'll use that until I figure out the Elements 11 problem.

Again, thanks for your response

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements will not open
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Pekin Grey

Thanks for the follow up.

Did you have time to try the installation files from a difference source? Are you saying that you tried that and it did not work?

We will be watching for further developments when you get a chance.

If you want to review the usual troubleshooting drills from video card to Administrative Privileges to new User Accounts et al, please let us know. We would be glad for the opportunity to be of assistance.

Best wishes,

ATR