3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 1, 2014 1:38 PM by Peter Spier

2 Documents Referencing Pages between

tdsheppard

I have two Indesign Documents CS6 they are identical except one is a large print version. What I'm wanting to do is create, in the large print version, page references to the regular print one so that the person reading the large print will know the page breakup of the regular print one.

Any idea on how to automate this or is this just a thing I will have to manually go through and enter?

• 1. Re: 2 Documents Referencing Pages between
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

I'm wondering why you haven't made the large-print version on a larger page size to keep the flow identical....

• 2. Re: 2 Documents Referencing Pages between
            tdsheppard Level 1

Well they aren't truly identical. They are religious liturgical books. the regular print one will be 5.5 x 8.5 (roughly) and the large print will be a full 8.5 x 11. The large print is the Altar Book that has additional instructions and what not in it. So just enlarging the page size would not allow the page breaks to remain the same. The large print is designed for easy reading so lines are broken into shorter phrases, for example:

a prayer in the regular book would be:

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the living God, we pray you to set your passion, cross, and death between your judgment and our souls, now and in the hour of our death.  Give mercy and grace to the living; pardon and rest to the dead; to your holy Church peace and concord; and to us sinners everlasting life and glory; for with the Father and the Holy Spirit you live and reign, one God, now and for ever.  Amen.

in the Large Print it would be:

Lord Jesus Christ,

Son of the living God,

we pray you to set your passion, cross, and death

between your judgment and our souls,

now and in the hour of our death. 

Give mercy and grace to the living;

pardon and rest to the dead;

to your holy Church peace and concord;

and to us sinners everlasting life and glory;

for with the Father and the Holy Spirit

you live and reign, one God, now and for ever.  Amen.

• 3. Re: 2 Documents Referencing Pages between
              Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Sounds like manual labor to me, but somebody else may have some better ideas.