3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 2, 2014 6:36 AM by Peter Spier

CS5 InDesign not fully installed?

maddie_22_94

My Mac laptop was recently wiped and I have had to reinstalled my CS5 Adobe Suite. It seems that InDesign has not installed properly. I have no toolbar, I do have have the correct 'plug ins' and things like my hyphonation tools has not been installed into the system. Is there any troubleshoot link that can fix it? Or will I need to install it again? Illustrator is working just fine.

• 1. Re: CS5 InDesign not fully installed?
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Are you able to open ID and create a new file or are you getting warnings when opening existing files?

• 2. Re: CS5 InDesign not fully installed?
            maddie_22_94 Level 1

I'm getting warnings when opening files. I can open things, but like I said, there's no toolbar or options to even use text

• 3. Re: CS5 InDesign not fully installed?
              Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Sounds like it might be two separate problems.

Missing toolbars could be several things: Panels and Toolbars are hidden, but in this mode the menu bar should still be there (press the Tab key) or Presentation mode, which shows only the page against a black background (press Esc), possibly a corrupt worspace, which can't be fixed inside ID if you don't have menus, so you'd need to find the Workspaces folder in your user library or user profile (you haven't mentioned the OS) and delete the CurrentWorkspace.xml files, or possibly your preferences are damaged, so See Replace Your Preferences

Missing plugin warnings when opening a file are usually caused by trying to open a file sved in a newer version than the one you are using. Are specific plugins mentioned?

Also if you've just installed, you'll need to run the program updates. You can find those on Adobe.com under downloads.