5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 3, 2014 9:21 PM by Linda Dickerman

deleting frames

Linda Dickerman

I have a video that has one or two bad frames which I want to delete. How can I do this?

• 1. Re: deleting frames
          Peru Bob Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Zoom in on the timeline so that you can see the individual frames.  Then either use the razor tool or place the CTI on each place you desire to cut and use ctrl-x or ctrl-k to cut it. Then right click the blank area and delete.

It may be slightly different for different versions. Which version do you have?

See here, too:

https://www.google.com/search?q=premiere+elements+how+to+cut&rlz=1C1_____enUS421US421&oq=p remiere+elements+how+to+cut&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.9662j0j7&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm= 122&ie=UTF-8

• 2. Re: deleting frames
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Linda Dickerman

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running.

More specifics with that information, but generalizing....

If you really do want to deal with the frame by frame level, convert the Timecode reading above the expanded Timeline to frame

a. See Edit Menu/Project Settings/Display Format and change the choice to Frames

or

b. At the opened project Timeline level, hold down the Ctrl key of the computer main keyboard and double click the Timecode reading above the Timeline (00;00;00;00) to change it to frames (0).

ATR

• 3. Re: deleting frames
              Linda Dickerman Level 1

I am using Premiere Elements 12 and I have windows 7. I have tried to delete my bad frames and was succssful, but all the frames after that had no sound, just a hum.

Linda

• 4. Re: deleting frames
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Linda Dickerman

What was bad about the bad frames that you deleted? How many of them did you delete? What were they?

You say that the frames that came after the deletion had no real sound. What about the frames that came before the frames that were deleted?

Is this all going on in the Expert or the Quick workspace of the program? Try each to make sure that the problem exists in both workspaces.

What is the nature of the audio with no sound - do they present on the Audio tracks, Narration track, or the Soundtrack?

Let us start here and then decide on the troubleshooting strategy.

Thanks.

ATR

• 5. Re: deleting frames
                  Linda Dickerman Level 1

The sound on the entire DVD was originally a party with music and people speaking. After I delete, or even just split the clip the audio is fine in the first part after the clip, but after I split, and take out only about ten frames, the original audio is gone in the second part, and there is only noise which sounds like a loud hum.

This happens in the quick workspace, and I only have the DVD, which I copied into the computer. On the DVD, and the computer at the point I am trying to delete, the video stops and says there is an error, with no error code. Although I cannot copy the DVD, or play it on most players and my computer, the original video works well on some DVD players.

Thanks,

Linda