7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 2, 2014 10:21 PM by A.T. Romano

Getting from Photoshop Elements to Premier Elements

Windmilljumper1

I am having trouble getting my slide show developed with Photoshop Elements 11 to my Premier Elements 11.    What am I doing wrong?  I click on button but nothing happens.

• 1. Re: Getting from Photoshop Elements to Premier Elements
          the_wine_snob Level 9

With both Photoshop Elements 11 and Premiere Elements 11 installed, the Elements Organizer should be dynamically linked to both programs. If the SlideShow is being created in Elements Organizer, they the ability to Send to Premiere Elements/Open in Premiere Elements link should be available.

When the Elements Organizer has been sent to Premiere Elements 11, one should be able to Break Apart for additional editing, if necessary, or just Publish+Share from Premiere Elements to DVD/BD/AVCHD Disc, or to an AV file.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Getting from Photoshop Elements to Premier Elements
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Windmilljumpert

The answers will be in the specific details of what is occurring.

Where is this "slideshow developed with Photoshop Elements 11" and what button are you clicking on to get it into Premiere Elements 11?

a. Are you in the Elements Organizer 11 Create/Slideshow/Slideshow Editor, your slideshow created, you select Output, and then Output Option = Edit with Premiere Elements Editor?

or

b. Are you in the Photoshop Elements 11 Elements Organizer 11 display of thumbnails for individual entries into the Organizer + slideshows saved there as "Slideshow Projects", and you are right clicking the Slideshow Project thumbnail and selecting Edit with Premiere Elements Editor?

or

c. Something else using the slideshow as a .wmv file that you want to get into Premiere Elements 11?

Please give as much detail as possible to help us pin point where the workflow needs help.

Thanks.

ATR

• 3. Re: Getting from Photoshop Elements to Premier Elements
              Windmilljumper1 Level 1

I am in Elements Create/Slideshow Editor, select output and the edit with Premiere Elements Editor.  At that point small splash screen comes up…waited for 2 hrs.  Nothing happened.

Don

• 4. Re: Getting from Photoshop Elements to Premier Elements
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Just to make sure that something else is not getting in the way, can you launch Premiere Elements properly from the Desktop icon?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 5. Re: Getting from Photoshop Elements to Premier Elements
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Don

Thanks for the additional details.

If you have not already,

a. Close out of the Elements Organizer 11 with your Slideshow Editor slideshow saved to Elements Organizer 11 as a Slide Show Project.

b. Open Premiere Elements 11 to its Expert workspace, and then Add Media/Files and Folders/ to get some files (video, stills) into Project Assets. From Project Assets, drag the imported files to the Timeline. Can you get that done with the program crashing or not responding. If so, we know that Premiere Elements 11 side of things is functional.

c. Back to the Elements Organizer 11 slideshow...what is it made up of...photos (how many and what pixel dimensions), videos (how many, what duration, format), other? What is the total duration of that Elements Organizer 11 Slideshow Editor slideshow?

d. What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 11 running on?

Let us explore the above and then decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 7. Re: Getting from Photoshop Elements to Premier Elements
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Don

I am going to be calling it a day.

I will be watching for your results in the morning.

ATR