7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 15, 2014 10:44 AM by A.T. Romano

Existing project is opened without clips in timeline

Volvoxx

When I open beforegoing project with timeline full of clips, transitions and with title, it is opened without clips in timeline. Original clips are visible in Project Assets. I have clips in *.TOD format.

Thx. V.

• 1. Re: Existing project is opened without clips in timeline
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Volvoxx

What version of Premiere Elements are you working with and on what computer operating system is it running? Since you do mention Project Assets, you must be using Premiere Elements 11 or 12.

How would you class this issue "It worked before but not now" or "it never worked before"?

What is the duration of this problem project?

Did you have the AutoSave feature On when creating this project? If so, when you open any one of the AutoSaves instead of the parent project.prel file, do you run into the same situation that you have with the project file (project.prel)?

Typical drill questions include:

a. Latest version of QuickTime installed?

b. Running program as Administrator?

c. Scratch Disks directed to location with enough free space to accept them?

d. Project preset for project and properties of source media, other than just .TOD file extension?

Let us start here and then decide what next.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Existing project is opened without clips in timeline
            Volvoxx Level 1

I am using AP Element 12. These feature since beggining, on W7 Ultimate, new installation didńt help.

I am only one user, supose I have administrator rigts. On system SSD and on data disk is plenty of space.

QT I havn´t installed.

I have .TOD files from my camera JVC Victor, 29,97 fps, and I don´t try any other as I need to use for this files.

Project Presets:

General: Editing mode:     HD 1080i

Time base:          25.00 frames/second

Video:                               1920 x1080

Pixel aspect:      Square

Fields:               Upper fields first

Display format:  25 fps

Title safe area:  20/20

Action S A:        10/10

Audio:    Sample rate:       48 000

Display format:  Audio samples

Capture format:                HDV

Video render:                   

File format:        I-Frame only MPEG

Compressor:     MPEG I-Frame

Optimize Stills:  on

That is all. I didn´t change nothing.

Thanks. V.

• 3. Re: Existing project is opened without clips in timeline
              A.T. Romano Level 7

V

Apologizes for such a late follow up. Your thread got out of sight in the daily traffic here. I discovered the oversight tonight when I went to clear out my Adobe notifications of posts in threads in my email Inbox.

Referrring to your last post

1. You need to installed QuickTime (latest version). It is a requirement. You will not have QuickTime presets without out it when you get to export and a lot more involved also.

2. You say these are TOD files from a JVC camera. That would make that HD MPEG2 file with .TOD file extension. If we go after .TOD as the cause of these irregularies,

a. rename the TOD to .m2ts and try to use that type of file for import

or

b. rename the TOD to .m2ts and convert them to MPEG2.mpg in MPEG Streamclip (Convert to Mpeg choice)

http://www.squared5.com/

http://www.avchduser.com/articles/JVC_Everio_mod_files.jsp

3. First things to do - the QuickTime instalation, update Premiere Elements 12 to 12.1 Update via open project's Help Menu/update, start a new project, and determine if the problem still exists. If none of that helps, then we go after the TOD file.

Please review and then let us know the outcome.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Existing project is opened without clips in timeline
                Volvoxx Level 1

My nerves worked, now I have Adobe Premiere Pro. Project open with clips, but difficulties with TOD contïnued. Pay yours offers for APPro although? And is QT need too? Thx. V.

• 5. Re: Existing project is opened without clips in timeline
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Volvoxx

Thank for the reply.

I do not use Adobe Premiere Pro, but, from what I have read, it also requires QuickTime installed.

And, those JVC TOD files are problems in other video editors besides Premiere Elements. However, it is interesting to

note that Premiere Elements shows TOD as supported under the Import Supported Formats.

http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/supported-file-formats-premiere-elements.html #main_Adobe_Premiere_Elements___Video_file_Formats__Import_

Have you looked at the file renaming and/or file conversion for your TOD files yet?

ATR

• 6. Re: Existing project is opened without clips in timeline
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

Volvoxx,

PrPro does not require Apple's QuickTime Player installed, UNLESS one is Importing, and editing one of several file types, generally associated with QT Player.

I have many versions of PrPro, but also have Apple's QuickTime Pro (not necessary, as Player will do nearly everything that Pro will, with but a few exceptions), and have never had any issues. That said, I also am not quick to update my QT Pro, until I read that any new version does not create problems.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 7. Re: Existing project is opened without clips in timeline
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Volvoxx

Reference regarding QuickTime and Premiere Pro CS3 through CC System Requirements as posted by Adobe

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/system-requirements-premiere-pro.html#Ad obe%20Premiere%20Pro%20CS6%20system%20requirements

The references does not speak to QuickTime Pro, but rather the non Pro version of QuickTIme (free).

ATR

Add On...For comparison, the following link goes to the System Requirements for Premiere Elements 12 Windows and Mac

http://www.adobe.com/products/premiere-elements/tech-specs.html