Welcome to the forum.
Can you let us know a bit more, please?
- What OS version are you running PrE 12 on?
- What are the full specs. of your computer - more info, the better?
- Are there any warning, or error messages related to the hang/crash?
- What is your Project's setting?
- Did you set that manually, or let PrE choose for you, from the first MTS file?
- What are the exact specs. of those MTS files, i.e. the Frame Size, Compression type/CODEC, etc.?
Good luck, and that would be a place to start troubleshooting your issue.
I own PSE 12 and I have never had an issue with picture files. I don’t remember having this issue on PREMIER ELEMENTS ver 10, but I didn’t import a lot of video files on that version (using organizer).
I just purchased PRE 12 and so far it has been nothing but trouble.
Besides the issues above and also have crashed when I try to update thumbnails. If I leave ELEMENTAUTOANALYSER running in the background it runs my System CPU at 100%. I had to turn it off and manually try to update thumbnails. However this also makes PRE 12 crash as well.
1. What OS version are you running PrE 12 on? WIN 8.1
2. What are the full specs. of your computer - more info, the better?
1. Intel based I7 4770K proce3ssor. ASUS Z87-PRO MB., 500GB SSD- Intel, ASUS NVIDIA GTX760-DC2 Series Video Card, HDMI 27 inch monitor, 16GB BLLISITIC Memory, (Gaming Machine) LG Bray Burner LG DVD Burner, 3tb Seagate Hardrive SATA, ASUSI WIFO Go/ Qualcom Atheros Wirelss (N)
3. Are there any warning, or error messages related to the hang/crash? No. Just pops up message stating Organizer PS Elements shutting down. I attached a txt file of the error from windows Event Viewer
4. What is your Project's setting? I’m Simply IMPORTING VIDEO FILES INTO Organizer. It crashes when I try to import more than 10 files (SONY HD .m2ts or .MTS files. Size of file I am trying to import doesn’t matter. It also crashed when I try to update too many thumb nails at the same time.
5. Did you set that manually, or let PrE choose for you, from the first MTS file?- Not sure I understand the question. As I noted I am just importing video files from my Hardrive using the IMPORT “from files or folders”
6. What are the exact specs. of those MTS files, i.e. the Frame Size, Compression type/CODEC, etc.?
1. .mts/m2ts = see attached pictures
I’m also seeing this sometimes. See attached
First, thank you for that information. I will pour over that, to see if something stands out.
As for your Reply #3, the Image, or text, did not attach. If you were attaching an Image, you can use the little "camera icon," in the middle of the Forum Editing Screen, when accessing the forum via a Web browser - most e-mail clients, and most mobile apps, will not allow attachments. The Images need to be PNG, or JPEG, as many others, even Adobe's own PSD, will not attach. This Tips & Tricks article goes into more detail on posting screen-caps: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/592070?tstart=30
More in a bit.
Total bit rate=17123kbps
Channel;s 2 stereo
Audio sample rate=48khz
MTS Properties= identical to m2ts ABOVE
THE WINDOWS ERROR TEXT IS BELOW
Source: Application Hang
Date: 3/2/2014 11:04:19 PM
Event ID: 1002
Task Category: (101)
The program PhotoshopElementsOrganizer.exe version 220.127.116.11 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.
Process ID: 1508
Start Time: 01cf36ab902557b0
Termination Time: 5
Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Elements 12 Organizer\PhotoshopElementsOrganizer.exe
Report Id: fe670cd7-a2a1-11e3-beac-240a641d45e1
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
It was Visual C++ Error I got as well
This application has requested runtime to terminate in an unusual way!
Please contact applications support team for more information!