34 Replies Latest reply on Mar 8, 2014 9:48 AM by the_wine_snob

How do I eliminate disc menus Publish+Share so that I can do an auto-play disc burn ?

Fossilcoach

I recall when I first purchased Adobe Premiere Elements 12 I was asked if I wanted to accept disc menus for burning instead of burning without.. I said 'yes'. This decision seems to have removed my ability to do an auto-play disc. I very much want to remove the disc menu templates so that I can do my own burns without predetermined menues.

• 1. Re: How do I eliminate disc menus Publish+Share so that I can do an auto-play disc burn ?
          the_wine_snob Level 9

In the Menu Editing Screen, at the top, just hit the Reset button, to remove any chosen Menu Sets. That will give you an AutoPlay.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: How do I eliminate disc menus Publish+Share so that I can do an auto-play disc burn ?
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Fossilcoach

From what you wrote I am not 100% clear on the scenario you want to paint...

a. no disc menus moving forward from project to project

b. disc menu that you want to remove from a current project so that the end product will be AutoPlay.

And, even if you create your own menus to use instead of Adobe's, they still need to display in the Tools/Movie Menu display of choices.

The default situation is this. When you directly from the Edit area to Publish+Share/Disc, once you click on Disc, you will be greeted by the following message

AutoPlayMenus.JPG

If you put a check mark next to "Do not show again" and click No, then the next time you go the Edit - Publish+Share/Disc route and hit Disc, you will not get the message, not end up in Movie Menu, and will be able to continue with your choices under Disc. That type of choice should hold from project ot project.

But, you will still be able to click on Tools Menu/Movie Menu, if you want to use a disc menu for one of your burn to disc projects.

If you ever change your mind about the "Do not show message" directive to the program, you can change that under Edit Menu/Preferences/General by putting a check mark next to "Show All Do No Show Again Messages".

If you question involves changing the menu set up in an existing project.prel from menu to AutoPlay, as Hunt has mentioned, Tools Menu/Movie Menu and Click Reset button in the Movie Menu customization area.

Please let us know if you are OK with the details presented.

How are you navigating your movie at playback?

ATR

• 3. Re: How do I eliminate disc menus Publish+Share so that I can do an auto-play disc burn ?
              mkscallan

I'm having the same problem as Fossilcoach.

I see no way to avoid a menu while burning a disc with 12. There is no option on my screen or menu for a reset. The dialog box simply won't move ahead without a menu.

From the help files and the manual, the only advice is to export a file, then burn without a menu, presumably with another program or earlier version.

Please let me know if I'm missing something. I've been using PrE since version 1. I don't consider this a feature.

Matt

• 4. Re: How do I eliminate disc menus Publish+Share so that I can do an auto-play disc burn ?
                Fossilcoach Level 1

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Bill ! Your solution worked. I paid $67 for the Adobe Premiere Elements 12  "Classroom In a Book"....why couldn't the authors have put one sentence in it to make it easy to do. I appreciate you taking the time to e-mail me.

Ivan

Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2014 14:24:27 -0800

To: ivan_bakk@hotmail.com

Subject: How do I eliminate disc menus Publish+Share so that I can do an auto-play disc burn ?

Re: How do I eliminate disc menus Publish+Share so that I can do an auto-play disc burn ?

created by Bill Hunt in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion

In the Menu Editing Screen, at the top, just hit the Reset button, to remove any chosen Menu Sets. That will give you an AutoPlay.

Good luck,

Hunt

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/6172363#6172363

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/6172363#6172363

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/6172363#6172363. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Premiere Elements at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416458?tstart=0.

• 5. Re: How do I eliminate disc menus Publish+Share so that I can do an auto-play disc burn ?
                  Fossilcoach Level 1

Thank you so much for taking the time to e-mail me. You and Mr. Hunt were bang on . My tool bar said 'undo' instead of 'reset'. I appreciate your input.

Ivan

Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2014 15:07:14 -0800

Subject: How do I eliminate disc menus Publish+Share so that I can do an auto-play disc burn ?

Re: How do I eliminate disc menus Publish+Share so that I can do an auto-play disc burn ?

created by A.T. Romano in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion

Fossilcoach

b. disc menu that you want to remove from a current project so that the end product will be AutoPlay.

And, even if you create your own menus to use instead of Adobe's, they still need to display in the Tools/Movie Menu display of choices.

The default situation is this. When you directly from the Edit area to Publish+Share/Disc, once you click on Disc, you will be greeted by the following message

http://forums.adobe.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-6172447-586608/450-176/AutoPla yMenus.JPG

If you put a check mark next to "Do not show again" and click No, then the next time you go the Edit - Publish+Share/Disc route and hit Disc, you will not get the message, not end up in Movie Menu, and will be able to continue with your choices under Disc. That type of choice should hold from project ot project.

But, you will still be able to click on Tools Menu/Movie Menu, if you want to use a disc menu for one of your burn to disc projects.

If you ever change your mind about the "Do not show message" directive to the program, you can change that under Edit Menu/Preferences/General by putting a check mark next to "Show All Do No Show Again Messages".

If you question involves changing the menu set up in an existing project.prel from menu to AutoPlay, as Hunt has mentioned, Tools Menu/Movie Menu and Click Reset button in the Movie Menu customization area.

ATR

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/6172447#6172447

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/6172447#6172447

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/6172447#6172447. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416458?tstart=0.

• 6. Re: How do I eliminate disc menus Publish+Share so that I can do an auto-play disc burn ?
                    Fossilcoach Level 1

Mr.Hunt and a Mr. Romano put me on the right track. I went into edit and clicked on 'undo' . Bingo...the menu templates were gone and I could create my own video.

Ivan

Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2014 18:54:35 -0800

created by mkscallan in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion

I'm having the same problem as Fossilcoach.

I see no way to avoid a menu while burning a disc with 12. There is no option on my screen or menu for a reset. The dialog box simply won't move ahead without a menu.

From the help files and the manual, the only advice is to a file, then burn without a menu, presumably with another program or earlier version.

Please let me know if I'm missing something. I've been using PrE since version 1. I don't consider this a feature.

Matt

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/6172944#6172944

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/6172944#6172944

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/6172944#6172944. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

• 7. Re: How do I eliminate disc menus Publish+Share so that I can do an auto-play disc burn ?
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

mkscallan

Did you read what I wrote in post 2?

That really does work.

Is it that you are not seeing the Reset button in the Movie Menu customization area?

menus.JPG

It is to the left of the "Done" button.

If you do not see that Reset button, could you post a screenshot of what you are seeing next to the "Done" button?

Thanks.

ATR

• 8. Re: How do I eliminate disc menus Publish+Share so that I can do an auto-play disc burn ?
                        mkscallan Level 1

ATR,

Thanks for responding. I did this and cleared the menu with the reset button. What do I do next? When I click "Done", it brings me back to the timeline, bringing me back to square one.

What do I need to do next to proceed with the burn?

This process was effortless in prior verisons of PrE.

I sincerely appreciate your response.

Matt

• 9. Re: How do I eliminate disc menus Publish+Share so that I can do an auto-play disc burn ?
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Matt

From what you wrote, you would just go to Publish+Share/Disc/DVD or AVCHD or Blu-ray and produce your end product based your burn dialog setup, including selection of burn preset.

If you have used "Do Not Show Again" and clicked No in the pop up that you got when you clicked on Disc under Publish+Share, then all you need do is click on Publish+Share/Disc/DVD disc (if that is what you want), setup your burn dialog, including select your preset for the burn to, and hit Burn.

Please let us know if you are OK with those details. If not, please explain where you need clarification.

Thanks.

ATR

• 10. Re: How do I eliminate disc menus Publish+Share so that I can do an auto-play disc burn ?
                            Fossilcoach Level 1

I am sorry to bother you again...but after it worked once for me last night, to day I am back to my same problem. When I click on 'Publish and Share' and then on 'Disc' I get the menu templates. I do not get the message that asks me whether or not I want to be in menus or not. Every time I click on 'Disc' I go straight to the menu templates. Please help me again.

Fossilcoach

http://forums.adobe.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-6172447-586608/450-176/AutoPla yMenus.JPG

ATR

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/6172447#6172447

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/6172447#6172447

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/6172447#6172447. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

• 11. Re: How do I eliminate disc menus Publish+Share so that I can do an auto-play disc burn ?
                              Fossilcoach Level 1

Me again ATR !  I went back and tried again. This time I started to work on a template menu. When the work area came up I clicked on 'rese' and I was able to do a burn. It is in progress now. However, I think the same problem will occur when I start another burn where when I click on 'disc' I will go into menu templates again. I really would like your 'a' item....no disc menus moving forward from project to project.  Fossilcoach

Fossilcoach

ATR

• 12. Re: How do I eliminate disc menus Publish+Share so that I can do an auto-play disc burn ?
                                A.T. Romano Level 7

Fossilcoach

Strange. And, you are not getting the "Do Not Show Again" No pop up??

I see no way that you can be getting Movie Menu templates display by clicking on Disc after Publish+Share.

Nonetheless, go to Edit Menu/Preferences/General and determine if the Do Not Show Again option still is without the check mark. It should be if you are not seeing the pop up.

Let us try this to resetting the Premiere Elements 12 settings file.

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in this 12.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not help, then delete the whole 12.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. (New Folder/Files will be generated once you open the Premiere Elements project.)

Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the complete path.

Then back in the opened project, go through the routine

a. Publish+Share/Disc - select "Do Not Show Again" and No when the pop  up shows up.

b. Retry Publish+Share/Disc and see how long the fix holds.

Mine has held.

Looking forward to your results.

Thanks.

ATR

• 13. Re: How do I eliminate disc menus Publish+Share so that I can do an auto-play disc burn ?
                                  Fossilcoach Level 1

Thank you for your amazing quick response ATR. I am in the middle of the burn. I will try what you say once it is done. That is correct, I am not getting the "Do not show again" response. Fossil Coach

Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2014 11:34:10 -0800

Fossilcoach

I see no way that you can be getting Movie Menu templates display by clicking on Disc after Publish+Share.

Nonetheless, go to Edit Menu/Preferences/General and determine if the Do Not Show Again option still is without the check mark. It should be if you are not seeing the pop up.

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in this 12.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not help, then delete the whole 12.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. (New Folder/Files will be generated once you open the Premiere Elements project.)

Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the complete path.

a. Publish+Share/Disc - select "Do Not Show Again" and No when the pop  up shows up.

Mine has held.

Thanks.

ATR

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/6175174#6175174

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/6175174#6175174

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/6175174#6175174. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

• 14. Re: How do I eliminate disc menus Publish+Share so that I can do an auto-play disc burn ?
                                    Fossilcoach Level 1

Hello again ATR !

I followed your instructions . The 'Do Not Show Again' box had no check mark. I have checked it off and now I am seeing the pop up. I believe that this has truly solved my problem. I sincerely thank you.

I am almost too embarrassed to ask...but I have another problem with my burn. Around 56% of burn I am getting a prompt that says an error has been detected and it is unable to continue the burn. I think I may have got carried away with the creativity that you can do in Premier Elements 12 as I applied them to my video.  wonder if the problem is due to the fact that I may have too much information in my movie. Are you able to help me or should I go back to the forum?

Again, thank you so much for solving my problem with the menu issue. Fossilcoach

Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2014 11:34:10 -0800

Fossilcoach

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

Mine has held.

Thanks.

ATR

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/6175174#6175174

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/6175174#6175174

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/6175174#6175174. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

• 15. Re: How do I eliminate disc menus Publish+Share so that I can do an auto-play disc burn ?
                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Fossilcoach

Thanks for the follow ups.

With your burn to....when you get to the burn dialog and are just about to hit the Burn button, what does the burn dialog Quality Area show for Space Required and Bitrate? That will us a good idea about disc capacity, size of the project, and what the program is doing to fit your Timeline content to the disc.

Also, go back to your Timeline, expand the Timeline, and look for leftovers which typically present as very thin vertical black lines scattered in around the content. They need to be deleted if you find any. Also look for any irregularies in placement of titles and transitions and clips.

Even though you are not using menus for the project, did you leave any menu markers on the Timeline?

Depending on your answers, we might look at another disc brand and type. And, then we could ask the question "What happens if you burn the Timeline content to Folder (4.7 GB)? Does the burn to folder work whereas the burn to disc does not?"

Never hesitate to ask if you have questions. We are glad for the opportunity to be of assistance with your Premiere Elements workflows.

Thanks.

ATR

• 16. Re: How do I eliminate disc menus Publish+Share so that I can do an auto-play disc burn ?
                                        Fossilcoach Level 1

Right after I e-mailed you my latest problem I thought I would give it one more burn. This was my fourth attempt and I got a great burn. It went very smoothly. But I am still going to follow your advice to see what kind of problem it may be. Thanks again ATR for all of your help. It certainly makes me an advocate for Adobe Premiere Elements and their Forum dynamics. Fossilcoach

Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2014 06:59:35 -0800

Fossilcoach

Thanks for the follow ups.

With your burn to....when you get to the burn dialog and are just about to hit the Burn button, what does the burn dialog Quality Area show for Space Required and Bitrate? That will us a good idea about disc capacity, size of the project, and what the program is doing to fit your Timeline content to the disc.

Also, go back to your Timeline, expand the Timeline, and look for leftovers which typically present as very thin vertical black lines scattered in around the content. They need to be deleted if you find any. Also look for any irregularies in placement of titles and transitions and clips.

Even though you are not using menus for the project, did you leave any menu markers on the Timeline?

Depending on your answers, we might look at another disc brand and type. And, then we could ask the question "What happens if you burn the Timeline content to Folder (4.7 GB)? Does the burn to folder work whereas the burn to disc does not?"

Never hesitate to ask if you have questions. We are glad for the opportunity to be of assistance with your Premiere Elements workflows.

Thanks.

ATR

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/6181172#6181172

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/6181172#6181172

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/6181172#6181172. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

• 17. Re: How do I eliminate disc menus Publish+Share so that I can do an auto-play disc burn ?
                                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Fossilcoach

Thanks for the update and good news.

We are glad for the opportunity to share our first hand experiences with Premiere Elements with others.

Please let us know when and if you can help.

ATR

• 18. Re: How do I eliminate disc menus Publish+Share so that I can do an auto-play disc burn ?
                                            Fossilcoach Level 1

Fossil Coach again ATR ! In the spirit of the menu templates, I have decided to explore their capabilities. I have one just about ready, but have run into a problem .

I have too many scene markers and I don't know how to get rid of the unnecessary ones without losing menus I want. When  I click to remove a menu I lose a picture in a menu that I would like to keep.

I would appreciate your thoughts on this problem. Thanks.

Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2014 12:04:29 -0800

Fossilcoach

Thanks for the update and good news.

We are glad for the opportunity to share our first hand experiences with Premiere Elements with others.

Please let us know when and if you can help.

ATR

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/6182494#6182494

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/6182494#6182494

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/6182494#6182494. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

• 19. Re: How do I eliminate disc menus Publish+Share so that I can do an auto-play disc burn ?
                                              A.T. Romano Level 7

Fossilcoach

I think I will need more information to answer your problem but here is what I am thinking.

You say that you have too many menu markers. You have Premiere Elements 12, and Premiere Elements 12 allows for 99 menu markers. So, just how many menu markers do you have and what kiind? How many scene markers, main menu markers, stop markers?

If I assume that you have less than 99 menu markers, what do you mean by too many?

Each of the menu markers (forgetting about stop markers for now) that you have on the Timeline content links back to either a main menu button or a scene menu button. With those scene markers, each appears in the scene selection page in the order in which each is placed in the Timeline.

If you have say 10 scene markers on the Timeline and you pick a scene menu with 6 buttons per page, you will end up with 2 scene menu pages (the program copies the 1st page in this case of "spill over")

Scene Selection page 1 with 6 buttons

Scene Selection page 2 with 4 buttons

Scene Selection page 1 will represent Timeline scene markers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 in that order.

Scene Selection page 2 will represent Timeline scene markers 7, 8, 9, and 10 in that order.

If you want to remove a scene, you do that by

a. right clicking the Timeline marker at the level of the Timeline and clicking the Clear Menu Marker choice

b. in the Movie Menu customization area of the program with the Scene Selection Page displaying in the monitor, double click the scene button you want to get rid of, and select Delete in the Menu Marker dialog that pops up.

Please check out the above and then let us know if you are OK with the information. If not, please indicate what supplemental information is needed.

Thank you.

ATR

• 20. Re: How do I eliminate disc menus Publish+Share so that I can do an auto-play disc burn ?
                                                Fossilcoach Level 1

There is one section of my movie where there are 8 scene markers throughout the clips. It is my understanding that there should only be one at the beginning of the section. Ie. a segment on volleyball drills of my team shows a scene marker at the beginning and then 7 others throughout this segment. Would not each of those scene markers take up a spot on the scene menu? What I was trying to do was eliminate all of the others and just keep the first one at the beginning of the segment. When I eliminated a scene marker it threw off all the titles with the scene pictures.

FYI..I am a long-in-the-tooth retired educator who still loves coaching. Hence the name 'fossil coach'.

Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2014 11:42:05 -0800

Fossilcoach

I think I will need more information to answer your problem but here is what I am thinking.

You say that you have too many menu markers. You have Premiere Elements 12, and Premiere Elements 12 allows for 99 menu markers. So, just how many menu markers do you have and what kiind? How many scene markers, main menu markers, stop markers?

If I assume that you have less than 99 menu markers, what do you mean by too many?

Each of the menu markers (forgetting about stop markers for now) that you have on the Timeline content links back to either a main menu button or a scene menu button. With those scene markers, each appears in the scene selection page in the order in which each is placed in the Timeline.

If you have say 10 scene markers on the Timeline and you pick a scene menu with 6 buttons per page, you will end up with 2 scene menu pages (the program copies the 1st page in this case of "spill over")

Scene Selection page 1 with 6 buttons

Scene Selection page 2 with 4 buttons

Scene Selection page 1 will represent Timeline scene markers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 in that order.

Scene Selection page 2 will represent Timeline scene markers 7, 8, 9, and 10 in that order.

If you want to remove a scene, you do that by

a. right clicking the Timeline marker at the level of the Timeline and clicking the Clear Menu Marker choice

b. in the Movie Menu customization area of the program with the Scene Selection Page displaying in the monitor, double click the scene button you want to get rid of, and select Delete in the Menu Marker dialog that pops up.

Please check out the above and then let us know if you are OK with the information. If not, please indicate what supplemental information is needed.

Thank you.

ATR

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/6186017#6186017

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/6186017#6186017

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/6186017#6186017. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

• 21. Re: How do I eliminate disc menus Publish+Share so that I can do an auto-play disc burn ?
                                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Foosilcoach

When you delete a particular scene button, you are deleting just that one button and the TImeline and Movie Menu details associated with that one button. If you have given each of your scene markers names, no numbers, you should be OK.

Here is where you can get into trouble...

With number in the scene button names....

Given you have a Scene Selection page with 6 scene buttons per Scene Selection Page

If you have video clip 1 with 6 scene markers and video clip 2 with 6 scene markers and you decide you want only one scene marker at the beginning of each,

Before will be

Page 1

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Page 2

7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

After will be

Page 1

1, 7

What is an example of the type of name you have given to each of those scene buttons?

It sounds like you are going to have to go through the Scene Selection pages and adjust each of the names accordingly. The content of the remaining buttons is not being changed if you are deleting selected buttons. But the naming of the remaining may not be in order if each has a numerical base.

Remember, the sequence of the Timeline scene markers clip to clip to clip will be the order that they appear on the Scene Selection page.

And, the 1st Scene Selection page will trace back to a many of the beginning scenes as permitted by its designed in scenes per page. After, that the program copies the 1st Scene Selection page for the spill overs. What it copies is the default scene menu page, Scene 1, Scene 2...., not your renamed Scene Selection page 1.

Please review the above and then let me know how you are doing with the details.

I will clarify further if necesary.

Thanks.

ATR

• 22. Re: How do I eliminate disc menus Publish+Share so that I can do an auto-play disc burn ?
                                                    Fossilcoach Level 1

Good Morning ATR,

Thank you, once again, for your help and your patience. I am now able to create a menu for my movie.

I still have one problem. Upon completion I looked at the menu on 'Preview Disc'. It plays all of the 'Scene Select', however when I click on 'Play' to view the whole movie, it only plays the first 'Scene Select'.  How do I get it to play the whole movie ?

FYI - The 'Burn' shows I am using 1.62 GB for the movie. You also asked me examples opf my title names....'Good, Better, Best', another title is 'best wishes', and so on.

Thanks again ATR !  Fossilcoach

[Removed personal data for privacy and full quotations of previous threads for clarity.]

• 23. Re: How do I eliminate disc menus Publish+Share so that I can do an auto-play disc burn ?
                                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Fossilcoach

Your progress sounds good.

You wrote

Upon completion I looked at the menu on 'Preview Disc'. It plays all of the 'Scene Select', however when I click on 'Play' to view the whole movie, it only plays the first 'Scene Select'.  How do I get it to play the whole movie ?

From what your wrote it sounds like you have stop markers in the Timeline after each scene. If that is the case, you lose the Play All function of the Play All button on the main menu page. And, what you wrote is explained. But, if you do not have stop markers, then we will need to get more details on your Timeline content, the marker placement, and the menu involved.

I wrote about a workaround for this type of situation in which you lose Play All because of your choice of stop markers for selective viewing, but it involves duplicating the Timeline content and placing a duplicate "without stop markers" after the original "with stop markers" - a bonus item of sorts.

http://atr935.blogspot.com/2013/09/pe-dvd-menu-navigationplay-all-loss.html

Please review the above and then let us know if the "stop markers" in the Timeline explained what you are observing with Play All.

Thanks.

ATR

• 24. Re: How do I eliminate disc menus Publish+Share so that I can do an auto-play disc burn ?
                                                        Fossilcoach Level 1

Yes ATR, you are exactly right ! I have stop markers after each scene in my timeline. I have read pages 259 to 262 over again but I can find nowhere that it mentions you will lose the 'play all' function. A cautionary word  about what happens when you use stop markers  in these pages would have been appropriate. So I will remove the stop markers. Do I have to take any precautions when I remove all of the stop markers ?

Your solution of duplicating the timeline seems complicated for an amateur like me.

Please let me know if I should be aware of anything before I remove the stop markers. And once again I thank you for your help!

Fossil coach

p.s. - I have to admit after all of my huffing and puffing over the menu templates I am really quite pleased with their function now that I have learned how to use them...thanks to you. You would make an excellent classroom teacher in a high school.

Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2014 07:10:31 -0800

From: forums_noreply@adobe.com

Fossilcoach

Your progress sounds good.

You wrote

Upon completion I looked at the menu on 'Preview Disc'. It plays all of the 'Scene Select', however when I click on 'Play' to view the whole movie, it only plays the first 'Scene Select'.  How do I get it to play the whole movie ?

From what your wrote it sounds like you have stop markers in the Timeline after each scene. If that is the case, you lose the Play All function of the Play All button on the main menu page. And, what you wrote is explained. But, if you do not have stop markers, then we will need to get more details on your Timeline content, the marker placement, and the menu involved.

I wrote about a workaround for this type of situation in which you lose Play All because of your choice of stop markers for selective viewing, but it involves duplicating the Timeline content and placing a duplicate "without stop markers" after the original "with stop markers" - a bonus item of sorts.

http://atr935.blogspot.com/2013/09/pe-dvd-menu-navigationplay-all-loss .html

Please review the above and then let us know if the "stop markers" in the Timeline explained what you are observing with Play All.

Thanks.

ATR

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/6188364#6188364

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/6188364#6188364

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/6188364#6188364. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

• 25. Re: How do I eliminate disc menus Publish+Share so that I can do an auto-play disc burn ?
                                                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Fossilcoach

Removal of the stop markers should not disturb any main menu markers or scene menu markers on Timeline nor anywhere else.

The only before and after stop markers removal difference that you should encounter should be in Play All, not available vs available choice.

The workaround that I mentioned has its shortcomings when you have a large original project and duplication of its would create a computer resource issue trying to take the Timeline to export end product.

But, all sounding good. Great job.

ATR

Thanks for the kind words.

• 26. Re: How do I eliminate disc menus Publish+Share so that I can do an auto-play disc burn ?
                                                            the_wine_snob Level 9

Fossilcoach,

Unfortunately, the authoring and navigation functions in PrE are quite limited, and fairly linear. Those functions work for the majority of users, in the majority of Projects - but they are still limited.

When one needs greater sophistication, regarding navigation, many go to a full-featured authoring program, such as Sony's DVD Architect (there is a simple, inexpensive version, and then a more complete, more expensive version). Such an authoring program will allow one to have almost anything that they can dream of, within the constraints of the DVD (or BD) specs. There is a great deal more, that one can do, beyond what PrE can handle.

If one were to consider going to a different program, just for the authoring part of the process (one would still use PrE for the editing functions), Steve Grisetti has several Learning Series articles, and even a book, regarding Sony's DVD Architect, available from Muvipix.com.

Good luck, and hope that the Project can be set up to get most of what you want and need - though some things might have to be a "live with" when one hits the wall in PrE.

Hunt

• 27. Re: How do I eliminate disc menus Publish+Share so that I can do an auto-play disc burn ?
                                                              A.T. Romano Level 7

Fossilcoach

Commentary

You have and will get many a great project from your Premiere Elements workflows.

There are many of us who cannot afford nor jusify the expense of high end products or some 3rd party programs. But we need not feel like 2nd class citizens. There are no barriers to creativity, productivity, and sophistication using Premiere Elements as is or with workarounds.

You live with successful Premiere Elements end product that you are happy to share with friends and family, rather than thinking that you have to "live with" some second choice product.

ATR

• 28. Re: How do I eliminate disc menus Publish+Share so that I can do an auto-play disc burn ?
                                                                Fossilcoach Level 1

ATR - I am totally with you. I am very pleased with the video I have done. I have made 11 copies for each member of my varsity volleyball team. The creativity that Premier Elements provided for me along with your generous and amazing knowledge of the program have allowed me to produce a product that will be wonderful memories for my team members for years to come. Thank you ! Fossilcoach

Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2014 11:55:03 -0800

From: forums_noreply@adobe.com

Fossilcoach

Commentary

You have and will get many a great project from your Premiere Elements workflows.

There are many of us who cannot afford nor jusify the expense of high end products or some 3rd party programs. But we need not feel like 2nd class citizens. There are no barriers to creativity, productivity, and sophistication that you can achieve with the Premiere Elements as is or with workarounds.

You live with successful end product that you are happy to share with friends and family, rather than thinking that you have to "live with" some second choice product.

ATR

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/6189454#6189454

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/6189454#6189454

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/6189454#6189454. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

• 29. Re: How do I eliminate disc menus Publish+Share so that I can do an auto-play disc burn ?
                                                                  the_wine_snob Level 9

ATR,

I completely disagree with you on this. I know that you insist on only using PrE, and that is commendable, but sometimes it comes down to the "best tool for the job." One could drive a nail with a socket wrench, but a hammer would be better.

In PrE, there ARE many authoring functions, that cannot be done (even if one duplicates a Timeline, yielding only half of the capacity of a disk).

Now, for most PrE users, the authoring capabilities are perfect, simple and included. However, when one needs to go beyond, it is good to look to other options.

Sorry to disagree with you on this, but I could not have done 5% of my commercial DVD-Video Projects in PrE.

Hunt

• 30. Re: How do I eliminate disc menus Publish+Share so that I can do an auto-play disc burn ?
                                                                    the_wine_snob Level 9

Let's take a fairly common authoring need for my Projects:

1. Two Play First Videos, and for the first one, restrict the user from doing FFW, or clicking out of it - say a © notice.
                                                                    2. Then, have a Main Menu, where the Buttons fly into the background.
                                                                    3. When a Button on that Main Menu is activated, there is a Button Transition Video, that plays, before it goes to the destination.
                                                                    4. From the Main Menu, have a Button, which will allow the user to access multiple Scenes, in a set order, say Scene 2, 6, 10 and 20, in that order.
                                                                    5. Have each Scene go back to appropriate "next" Scene Selection, with the logical "next" Button highlighted, ready to push, but to also have the ability to do a Play All, and maybe several Buttons with specific order of playing each Scene, without having to do duplicate Timelines.

Can you do that in PrE?

Hunt

• 31. Re: How do I eliminate disc menus Publish+Share so that I can do an auto-play disc burn ?
                                                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Hunt

Glad that you have identified the tools that work for you in developing your particular commercial DVD-Video Projects. If you want to use a hammer on your commercial DVD-VIDEOs, fine.

I prefer to write about Premiere Elements troubleshooting and avoid the commentaries. So, I will sum up

a. We disagree on your stated and/or implied comments about Premiere Elements in yours posts 26 and 29.

b. Please read my post 27 for details which stand as written to see what I do agree on.

c. Please try to consider the other side of the coin, Premiere Elements beyond what you have written and/or implied.

ATR

• 32. Re: How do I eliminate disc menus Publish+Share so that I can do an auto-play disc burn ?
                                                                        the_wine_snob Level 9

ATR,

You appear to be completely missing my point.

For the majority of PrE users, the authoring tools in PrE will do about all that they want, for the majority of their Projects - it does so fairly seamlessly, and easily, as much of the operation is done semi-automatically, and virtually transparently for the user. Nothing wrong with that - until a user wants, or needs to go beyond what PrE can do. Then, they are faced with a dilemma - they can drop their idea, or they can utilize another program, that offers more options for authoring.

There is no shame in using other tools out of that editing-toolbox. Some seem to feel that they are breaking a sacred trust, by so doing. It's almost like saying, "hey, I have Craftsman tools, and even though Snap-On offers exactly what I need, I will not use Snap-On, 'cause I'm a Craftsman user." My roll-away is full of Craftsman, Snap-On, Mac and several other tool, including some SST's for autos past, and present. I always want the best one, for the job at hand. I feel the same way regarding editing Still Images, or Video - whatever I need to do the job.

Though I have PrE and PrPro, and use one, or the other, most of the time, I also have a few other NLE programs, that do something that my Adobe programs cannot. That was actually how I came to PrE - it could handle some file formats, that PrPro could not (or could not easily) at the time.

My suggestion in this thread was that if PrE was limited in doing what the user wanted, or needed, there are some options outside of PrE, that might offer more power, or more control. That seems to be what has become lost.

Hunt

• 33. Re: How do I eliminate disc menus Publish+Share so that I can do an auto-play disc burn ?
                                                                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Hunt

Please refer back to my prior comments.

Hoping not to extend the comments further, but I would point out that "limited" needs to be defined and put into perspective before jumping the gun to look for better.

That seems to be what has become lost in my comments.

ATR

• 34. Re: How do I eliminate disc menus Publish+Share so that I can do an auto-play disc burn ?
                                                                            the_wine_snob Level 9

For a definition of "limited," it is applied to the authoring capabilities of PrE vs a full-featured authoring program.

The cited example of a Project from my edit-suite (Reply # 30) points out some of the "limitations." Such navigation requires one use an authoring program, with more control and more power.

Again, PrE does a good job for most users and most of their Projects. The end-product is not comprimised in any way. It just does not have the full features available, if the navigation becomes more intricate.

Hunt