1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 2, 2014 5:49 PM by A.T. Romano

adobe premiere elements 8.0

the Arts Foundation

When I use large files of approxiamtely 10gb, the program can't handle it and it gets stuck all the time. Very enoying, because I can't edit proper with this problem.
      The computer should be perfect for the program and has all the requirements on it. So I can't figure out, what the problem might be.
      Hopefully someone can help me.

Thanks

• 1. Re: adobe premiere elements 8.0
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Arts Foundation

Are you running Premiere Elements 8.0 as the 8.0.1 Update version?

Are you running Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 with the automatic Background Rendering and AutoAnalyzer features turned off?

Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 is a 32 bit application whether it is run in a 32 bit or 64 bit computer. And, as such, it has the limitations of 32 bit system, namely, maximum supported installed RAM = 4 GB of which typically 3.2 to 3.0 GB of that are available.

And, when you do Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 editing of AVCHD (a very resource demanding format) further stresses on the project are involved. In that type of situation, some have sought to convert the AVCHD format into a less resource demanding format which is compatible with the program (often MPEG2 HD).

We are at a disadvantage since you have not gone into the specifics of the properties of your source media, project settings, computer environment.

What you do mention, 10 GB source files suggest that you are involved in a computer resource matter.

In view of that,

The computer should be perfect for the program and has all the requirements on it.

needs to be explored.

Premiere Elements is a 64 bit application when it is run in Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit or Mac 64 bit with a 64 bit processor. The 64 bit application does not necessarily translate into faster. But many have noted its benefits when trying to get a larger project taken to a successful conclusion than if the application were a 32 bit one.

Please review and then let us know more details, including whether this 10 GB file is "SD" or "HD" and what your available RAM and free hard drive space look like. Computer description would be indicated.

Thanks.

ATR