7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 15, 2014 9:24 AM by A.T. Romano

elements 11 problem

fixmyproblem

computer notice comes up saying "Display driver has stopped responding but has been recovered............then the editor viewing frame freezes but sound keeps going.............then entire program stops.............once whole software deleted!  PAID to have it retrieved!   Now it reloads but i lose the new work. Frustrating..........................has worked ok for 2 years,although i would like to push the contrast/bright/light effects further..............

if anyone knows reasonably priced better edit software i would be interested! any thoughts?

thanks.

• 1. Re: elements 11 problem
          A.T. Romano Level 7

fixmyproblem

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 11 running on?

If Mac, are you working with Adobe Premiere Elements 11 Editor purchased from the Mac App Store?

What video card/graphic card does your computer use? Do you have 1 or 2 video cards/graphic cards?

Whatever the case, is your video card/graphics card up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the video card/graphics card?

More later.

ATR

• 2. Re: elements 11 problem
            fixmyproblem Level 1

Hi...........thanks...........I am a non tech/average IT filmmaker(ie. I don't know much!)

I have a Dell laptop suitable for editing...........operating on Windows 8(I think that is the latest).

I bought Elements 11 at a shop and installed via disc.

As for video/graphic card..........never heard of it!?

just took to computer guy to reinstall elements 11 and check computer .....no mention of that card.

it has all worked ok for 2 years as is..............

WEBSITE         www.kimmilesfilms.com      AND    www.innersense.com.au/mif/miles.html

AND THE BLOG      http//www.kimmilesfilms.blogspot.com/ 

[Personal data removed for privacy - Hunt]

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/6173246#6173246

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Re: elements 11 problem

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at Re: elements 11 problem. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Message was edited by: Bill Hunt

• 3. Re: elements 11 problem
              the_wine_snob Level 9

fixmyproblem,

It appears that your e-mail client is adding a signature with your POP address, and some personal data. As this is an open forum, with spam'bots crawling all over, just trying to harvest any data possible, I will remove that personal information, and also the excessive quoting. This is for the protection of your privacy, as I do not want to see your InBox filled with spam.

You might want to disable the signature function, when replying via an e-mail client.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: elements 11 problem
                the_wine_snob Level 9

As for your video card/chip (GPU), you can go to Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager, to get the info on your GPU.

That info can also be ascertained by typing in "dxdiag" (without the quotation marks) at Start>Run.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 5. Re: elements 11 problem
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

fixmyproblem

Thanks for the reply and the information that your Premiere Elements 11 is running on Windows 8 (presumed 64 bit) computer.

Because you come with a display issue, the first line of troubleshooting is targeted at the video card/graphics card that the computer uses.

This information can be found in the computer under the Device Manager/Display Adapters. And then you tell us what is listed under Display Adapters...you may find one or two names listed. Please report what you find.

In Windows 8, one way to Display Adapters listing

a. From the Metro App Screen, type Control Panel in the Search that appears to the right of the screen, and then click on Control Panel in list below.

b. In Control Panel, click on the header "Hardware and Sound"

c. Under Device and Printers, click on the Device Manager choice

d. In the Device Manager, open the Display Adapters category to find your video card/graphics card information.

There may be a keyboard shortcut to Control Panel (I know it is there in 8.1 64 bit)...Windows Key + X and selecting Control Panel from pop up at right of the screen. You can be in the Desktop App or in the Metro Screen when you do the Windows Key + X.

Once we know that, we will ask you to go to the web site of the manufacturer of the card and determine if you have the latest version of the card's driver installed.

If all this is going to be too much for you to handle, then it might be a good idea to consult with the people who installed your Premiere Elements 11 for you.

We will try to walk you through whatever we can.

Please let us know how you wish to proceed.

Thank you.

ATR

• 6. Re: elements 11 problem
                    fixmyproblem Level 1

thanks v much ............saw computer guy today and he sent me in the device manager direction but without all the detail u mention............I may forward your email to him..............

also there was a note from Dell to do a system check up which I did  but then it said overall result-not supported/system tests not successfully completed...........says to shut down and try again but now I can't see where to activate test!(icon is gone)

also found an Adobe/elements 11 update device and that is currently being processed............

seems like we may be heading in a good direction...............

will have a closer read of your email.............

again.thanks...............

WEBSITE         www.kimmilesfilms.com      AND    www.innersense.com.au/mif/miles.html

AND THE BLOG      http//www.kimmilesfilms.blogspot.com/ 

Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2014 08:02:52 -0800

To: kimmilesfilms@hotmail.com

Subject: Re: elements 11 problem elements 11 problem

Re: elements 11 problem

created by A.T. Romano in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion

fixmyproblem

Thanks for the reply and the information that your Premiere Elements 11 is running on Windows 8 (presumed 64 bit) computer.

Because you come with a display issue, the first line of troubleshooting is targeted at the video card/graphics card that the computer uses.

This information can be found in the computer under the Device Manager/Display Adapters. And then you tell us what is listed under Display Adapters...you may find one or two names listed. Please report what you find.

In Windows 8, one way to Display Adapters listing

a. From the Metro App Screen, type Control Panel in the Search that appears to the right of the screen, and then click on Control Panel in list below.

b. In Control Panel, click on the header "Hardware and Sound"

c. Under Device and Printers, click on the Device Manager choice

d. In the Device Manager, open the Display Adapters category to find your video card/graphics card information.

There may be a keyboard shortcut to Control Panel (I know it is there in 8.1 64 bit)...Windows Key + X and selecting Control Panel from pop up at right of the screen. You can be in the Desktop App or in the Metro Screen when you do the Windows Key + X.

Once we know that, we will ask you to go to the web site of the manufacturer of the card and determine if you have the latest version of the card's driver installed.

If all this is going to be too much for you to handle, then it might be a good idea to consult with the people who installed your Premiere Elements 11 for you.

We will try to walk you through whatever we can.

Please let us know how you wish to proceed.

Thank you.

ATR

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/6174213#6174213

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Re: elements 11 problem

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at Re: elements 11 problem. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Premiere Elements at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416458?tstart=0.

• 7. Re: elements 11 problem
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

fixmyproblem

Hope all is going well with your projects.

Have all the problems been resolved and are all the Premiere Elements projects moving forward.

You last posted dated 03 04 2014 sounded like lots of progress had been made.

Please do not hesitate to ask if you have questions or need clarification.

Thank you.

ATR