4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 3, 2014 12:22 PM by Eugene Tyson

Blurb Plugins

lizzierobinson1993

I am creating a book with Blurb Publishing...to export my book to their company I have to untick 'facing pages'. When I do this, the landscape images I have bleeding onto the next page get cut off. I have sent screenshots to Blurb as to what is happening and they have told me to contact you

• 1. Re: Blurb Plugins
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Why do you need to uncheck facing pages? You can export a normal PDF as single pages from a facing pages file.

• 2. Re: Blurb Plugins
            Eugene Tyson Adobe Community Professional & MVP

This isn't a contact point for Adobe - this is a user to user forum where everyday users of InDesign help each other out with issues.

What you need to do is go to each page that has the image across spreads.

Copy the image.

Edit>Paste in Place

This duplicates the image over your current image.

Drag the handle back to the spine for one side.

And then select the image underneath and drag that handle to the spine.

This effectively puts the same image on each page, but they are broken over the spine.

When you untick your pages the images are retained in place.

If you have a lot of images consider asking on the scripting forum for a solution via a script.

http://forums.adobe.com/community/indesign/indesign_scripting

• 3. Re: Blurb Plugins
              Laubender Adobe Community Professional & MVP

@Eugene – hm, I would recommend something else, because "dragging the handle" wouldn't be sufficent for image containers that are rotated or images contained by free forms or containers with strokes…

Make a new doument with single sided pages and place the double sided InDesign document page by page on the pages of the singel sided one.

Uwe

• 4. Re: Blurb Plugins
                Eugene Tyson Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I'd recommend rotating the graphic within the frame rather than rotating the frame itself.