4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 4, 2014 12:44 AM by ztef07

After Effects CS6 rendering takes forever

ztef07

I am currently working on After Effects CS6 and I'm wondering why it takes a long time for me to render a composition. I am not sure if the problem is with the mac that i am using or with the settings i have on AE. When I render the composition of 21 seconds video with 1080p 29.97fps it takes 5 hours and eralier i triend rendering again and it takes 7 hours. is this normal? Please help me.

I am using Mac with this spe

Processor  2 x 2.4 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon

Memory  12 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC

Graphics  ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB

Here's the screenshot of my render queue

Screen Shot 2014-03-03 at 5.42.22 PM.png

HOPE YOU CAN HELP ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! THANKS!

• 1. Re: After Effects CS6 rendering takes forever
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Yes, it's probably normal. You have tons of 3D layers in there and depending on settings for motion blur, continuous rasterization of 3D layers and any number of otehr settings this can take a while. The only thing that might be of relevance could be if you inadvertently have enabled Raytrace 3D instead of using Classic 3D, but you have not provided all that info.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: After Effects CS6 rendering takes forever
            Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Your screenshot has been scaled so much that we can not really see any details about the comp, only some general information about the render cue, but that looks like a lot of 3D layers, some lighting, and some movement. As Mynenium said, this may be completely normal. Many of my more complex projects take four or five minutes per frame to render. It all depends on the assets.

A suggestion for speeding things up is to make all of your artwork  no bigger than it will appear in the final comp. If the images in this comp are the same size as the comp and they are never bigger than 1/8 of the comp window then you're wasting a lot of time scaling them down.

This project could also be done with Particular or other particle system. Same goes there, make sure that the artwork is not bigger than it needs to be.

• 3. Re: After Effects CS6 rendering takes forever
              ztef07 Level 1

I actually don't know if the Raytrace or Classic 3D is enabled. I just downloaded the template from the web. But I will check on that.

Thanks a lot!

• 4. Re: After Effects CS6 rendering takes forever
                ztef07 Level 1

The render queue info is

render setting: best setting

output module: lossless

Anyway thanks for your suggestion, i will do that next time.

much appreciated.