6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 14, 2014 8:21 PM by A.T. Romano

Premiere elements 12 organizer keep on crashing

good question

Why does the elements 12 organizer keep on crashing during the import of mts files? Does anybody have the same problem?

Adobe does not really seem to be interested in helping, since they outsource everything to forums!!

• 1. Re: Premiere elements 12 organizer keep on crashing
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

From the Premiere Elements Information FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1042180
          •What operating system? This should include specific minor version numbers, like "Mac OSX v10.6.8"---not just "Mac".
          •Have you installed any recent program or OS updates? (If not, you should. They fix a lot of problems.)
          •What kind(s) of image file(s)? When talking about camera raw files, include the model of camera.
          •If you are getting error message(s), what is the full text of the error message(s)?
          •What were you doing when the problem occurred?
          •What other software are you running?
          •Tell us about your computer hardware. How much RAM is installed?  How much free space is on your system (C:) drive?
          •Has this ever worked before?  If so, do you recall any changes you made to Premiere Elements, such as adding Plug-ins, brushes, etc.?  Did you make any changes to your system, such as updating hardware, printers or drivers; or installing/uninstalling any programs?
          And some other questions...
          •What are you editing, and does your video have a red line over it BEFORE you do any work?
          •Have you viewed the tutorial links at http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1275830 page?
          •Which version of Quicktime do you have installed?

What is your exact brand/model graphics adapter (ATI or nVidia or ???)
          What is your exact graphics adapter driver version?
          Have you gone to the vendor web site to check for a newer driver?
          For Windows, do NOT rely on Windows Update to have current driver information
          -you need to go direct to the vendor web site and check updates for yourself
          ATI Driver Autodetect http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/auto-detect-tool
          nVidia Driver Downloads http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

• 2. Re: Premiere elements 12 organizer keep on crashing
            A.T. Romano Level 7

good question

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 12 and its Elements Organizer 12 running on?

When you talk about importing .mts videos into the Elements Organizer 12 are they importing to give you "first frame of video image" in the thumbnail? How many .mts imports at a time are you doing into the Elements Organizer 12. What is the total number of entries that you have into your Elements Organizer 12?

Have you tried

a. Deleting the Elements Organizer 12 settings file (psa.prf)?

b. Creating a new catalog?

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Elements Organizer

Organizer

and in the Organizer Folder is the psa.prf file that you can delete or diable (rename psa.prf to psa.prfOLD).

Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see

the complete path.

And, we could also get into the duration and other properties of these .mts files later if necessary. Is your problem with

these .mts files only in the Elements Organizer 12 or with Premiere Elements 12 Editor as well?

ATR

• 4. Re: Premiere elements 12 organizer keep on crashing
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Good Question,

It appears that your Reply's text did not attach. This often happens, when one is accessing the forums via an e-mail client, or a mobile app. If you can access the forum via a Web browser, your Reply's text will attach.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 5. Re: Premiere elements 12 organizer keep on crashing
                good question Level 1

First of all I would like to thank both John and Romano for getting into trouble of writing me such complex emails.

I'm using Win 8.1 on a brand new pc 8GB RAM Intel i7 processor, 1.5GB VIDIA graphic card, 1TB C drive with 640GB free space.

The system is fully updated everything is up to date, I have not yet checked if there's an update for the graphic card driver, but I'll do so.

Unfortunately I don’t get any error message, Elemts organiser has stopped working is the only thing I get. And then it's already too late.

This happens during the import of files from the c drive to the elements organiser catalogue, and normally everything else is closed, no mayor application is running at the same time. It seems to work well with photos and mov files, but as soon as I try to import mts files it's just a matter of minutes and the system crashes. Unfortunately I don't have any experience with the programme, since it's newly bought together with the computer. I'll check the tutorial you mentioned, but should you have already an idea what could cause the problem, please let me know!!

Best regards

Andrew

• 6. Re: Premiere elements 12 organizer keep on crashing
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

good question

Hope all is going well with you and your Premiere Elements 12 projects.

I was wondering if you have installed the 12.1 Update for your Premiere Elements 12 and Elements Organizer 12 and, if so, if you have found any improvments in the stability and/or performance of these programs, especially the Elements Organizer 12?

Little is known about what the Adobe Engineers fixed with this 12.1 Update other than the "corrected stability and performance issues".

This 12.1 Update is available only from within the open project via Help Menu/Updates. If your Elements Organizer problems still exist, you may want to look into updating from 12 to 12.1.

ATR