Are your condiitons behaving as expected in FM12? I just tried to duplicate this and it's all behaving for me.
FM sample with conditions:
CHM with two conditions applied to hide the highlighted table rows and paragraph with yellow background (using all defaults with no modifications to the settings file):
The arrows point to where the hidden conditionals are, and they're not showing up for me.
Perhaps try a simpler conditional case first and also detail the steps that you are taking for "publishing" the results.
I found the sample file you used, applied conditions to some of the text, and hid all conditional text. My results were similar to yours.
Then I tried my sample file with the default settings file, and hidden conditional text stayed hidden.
Next, I tried my sample file with my pagination.sts, which starts a new topic at each heading. Hidden conditional text stayed hidden.
Finally I tried my sample file with my template.sts, my first attempt at changing the typeface, margins, etc. for help. This time hidden conditional text appears in the .chm file (doesn't stay hidden).
I'm not sure how much more of my time I can justify trying to get this method of single sourcing to work.
This sounds like you may have stumbled into a bug with the sts files (these are simply zip containers that hold all of the individual settings files). Can you narrow down what the difference in the settings are between the sts file where the conditions work and where they don't?
- defaultSettings.sts contains 121 files, 1264KB.
- pagination.sts contains 122 files, 6896KB. The additional file is <test document name>.tmpt.
- templates.sts contains 120 files, 6865KB. It has the <test document name>.tmpt file but two files (RoboHHRE.lng and System.stp), which are in the first two .sts files, are not in this one.
Thanks for reporting the issue.
We would like to investigate it.
Can you please share STS with us (Adobe) through bug report https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform
And we will get back to you.
I submitted the bug report but couldn't figure out how to attach an .sts file.
You can contact Amit using the following in proper email form: amitjha at adobe.com
We got the .sts file.
The 2 .sts files differ in their templates.
template.sts has a “Show-All” Conditional text setting that is why it doesn’t hide anything.
While pagination.sts has “Show as per condition” that’s why it hides the desired text:
Using the same template in both should give same results.
Duh on me! The help .pdf clearly states that using a template applies template settings without changing the source document. I just didn't extend that to show/hide condition settings.
Thanks to all who helped.