6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 10, 2014 12:11 PM by Silent-flyer

Just let me contact customer services to ask about a product

Silent-flyer

Hi,

I just want to be able to contact customer services without having to wade through tons of pages of so called instant answers that dont address my enquiry. Why is it so difficult for potential customers to be able to directly communicate with sales without having to go through this agony of irratating selection of questions that cannot help me if I am trying to ask a question from the view of a non user in the first place. Modern buisiness practices these days are plain stupid, frustrating, time consuming, and are an excellent way of turning potential customers away!

Can someone please just give me a direct email contact to sales!

Rant over...

• 1. Re: Just let me contact customer services to ask about a product
          Test Screen Name Most Valuable Participant

Customer services aren't going to help with pre-sales technical questions, so the problem here is looking for something that you won't find. That may not be good business practice, but it seems to be Adobe's practice.

If you would deign to ask us instead, please let us have the details of your questions.

• 2. Re: Just let me contact customer services to ask about a product
            IsakTen Level 4

Try 1-800-585-0774 (disclaimer: I never used it).

• 3. Re: Just let me contact customer services to ask about a product
              Silent-flyer Level 1

Even the damn message content wont allow cut and pasting of text, yet another frustrating Adobe time wasting mechanism to turn away potential customers who just want to get a simple answer. Adobe is almost staggering in its arrogance towards cultivating new customers, forced into long and time consuming processes in finding out if YOUR product can cater for MY needs...as I said staggering...

Having no alternative to have my enquiry dealt with in a more personal manner,  as Adobe managers sitting in thier virtual ivory towers practicing thier virtual buisiness practices, obviously deem forums as their ultimate answer to saving money on actually employing people to talk to their VERY real customers (what on earth does their sales department do then if they don't allow actually talk to real customers in a personal manner?), I am forced to post my question rather reluctantly here.

I am in need of a product that can support the SECURE distribution of a magazine, ideally by email (or similar). Ideally I need a function that prevents a document from being forwarded onto others by the recipient, in order to protect our product from unlawful distribution onto 3rd parties. Passwords are a possible solution, however a password can simply be forwarded to a 3rd party as easy as a document can, so is there a more secure way of protecting our product?

Alternatively, is there a way of encrypting the recipients email address as a function of opening and viewing the document, thus also preventing it from being forwarded to 3rd parties?

I am looking to distributing our product to over 1000 fee paying members.

Well I have been forced to spend over 1 1/2 hours now trying to get some sort of answer to my question. As I said, the business model and attitude by Adobe towards potential customers is staggering, even down to the fact that I have had to write this particular text twice due to the way the forum constraints work in not supporting a simple cut and paste of text function, more frustration and time wasted. Adobe need to take on board that forums do not help in fostering their image or business for new customers, after all, if I was buying a new car, I don't expect to go to a shiny new car showroom to find the doors locked and not being able to talk to the sales personal within, then having to turn to a car enthusiasts club to ask if that particular model will meet my personal transport needs, do you? As I said, quite staggering....

• 4. Re: Just let me contact customer services to ask about a product
                Test Screen Name Most Valuable Participant

Your dislike of forums is evident. But that's what we are and that's where you are asking. Adobe are not listening, so you aren't complaining to them, just shouting in the wind. If you are prepared to believe what non-staff say...

You are right that passwords offer no real protection. You need DRM (Digital Rights Management). This is a complex and controversial subject and you have to strike a balance between protecting your rights and annoying your customers so they go away. Adobe's solution is LiveCycle Rights Management, a server product. Prices are by negotiation. You will need a Windows Server running 24/7 and the ability to support your customers. Be prepared to put weeks, not hours, into research. LiveCycle (a suite of products, not just one) has a dedicated sales team, entirely separate from Acrobat.

On the scale you are working it may be more cost effective to use the services of a publisher rather than try to do all this stuff in house.

• 5. Re: Just let me contact customer services to ask about a product
                  Silent-flyer Level 1

BTW, thanks 2-Isakten, if I can calm down enough, I may venture to pick up the telephone when I get back to my home country....

• 6. Re: Just let me contact customer services to ask about a product
                    Silent-flyer Level 1

Thanks Test Screen, so Adobe(or whoever in this organisation) doesnt even listen to their current customers then? If as you say I am shouting into the wind, then they need to sit up and take notice of a certian compaines arrogant attutide a few years ago with a then far smaller rival called Apple.

Your advice is appreciated, and judging by your post, its time to stop wasting my time and close the Adobe door and turn to my German publishers for a solution....

Finally I dont have a distain for forums as such, they are a powerful community based solution towards issues that often would not be as openly discussed by companies etc, and have a definate place in the web based community. I do however feel, companies should strive to foster a more personal relationship in building thier buisness and product, after all did you get paid for your advice on behalf of theii product?