Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help needed about an error message

Mar 03, 2014 Mar 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Error getting License. License Server Communication Problem: E_IO_CANNOT_OPEN" Why do I keep getting this error message ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2014 Mar 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may be experiencing an authorization error, see KB: http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/error-e_act_not_ready.html

Or you may be experiencing a network related problem like the one I'm having:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1420854?tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 06, 2014 Mar 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I don't have an authorization issue. But I still erased the authorization and reauthorized the computer. But I still have the same error. I have uninstalled and then reinstalled both 2.0 and 3.0 versions of ADE without any luck. So now I'm stuck and I can't download any ebook from my library. Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2014 Mar 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then it sounds like a network related problem like many of us are having. There is no solution (see my post above along with my last update when i tried to get help from Adobe).

I'm just a regular user like you and I'm sorry I'm unable to help.

I did have one thought: have you tried using the OverDrive software with your library? It's what i use with mine rather than ADE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 07, 2014 Mar 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My ebook reader is compatible only with ADE or pdf copies of ebooks, so I can't use the Overdrive software. Thanks for your help anyways!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 07, 2014 Mar 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADE is only a software application. PDF is a file format.

Without trying to explain the inherent differences, humor me and try the following.

Install OverDrive.

Using OverDrive, log in to your library and download your book.

Next try opening the book in ADE. (ADE supports drag and drop)

In otherwords, use OverDrive to download the book and ADE to transfer it to your reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 11, 2014 Mar 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah I meant I logged into the library using Overdrive and tried to download the ebook. ADE does start up but while its trying to download the book the error pops up and I have to cancel the download. I looked at some other discussions and it seems it should be ok with ADE 1.7.2 version. I just found an installer for that and now I don't get this issue. It seems that the new ADE versions are having this problem. Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines