4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 8, 2014 7:50 AM by jackblackweb

Repeat With + Property List + leaderboard / rank of best scores

MAC800

Hello I have a List question

I am stuck writing this line of code

He is my project

I need to "rank" in descending order 50 game contestants

The names of the contestants are in fields "contestants1" to "contestants50"

The scores of the contestants are in fields "score1" to "score50"

A property list will have or be created ? Yes? No?

Then that list will have to be sorted with "best score" to "lowest score" and the "contestant" name with the score in the list. Example if Brandon ends up being in 32nd place with 344 points  the list would have the player name and result.

**I am familiar with max() however, that is only going to give me one result .. I need them reordered descending

Lastly the really easy part the sorted list placed in a filed cast member "FinalResults"

Example member("FinalResults").text = string(aList)

• 1. Re: Repeat With + Property List + leaderboard / rank of best scores
          jackblackweb Level 1

-- Message Window

thisNumberList = ["5", "2", "1", "4", "3"]

put thisNumberList

-- ["5", "2", "1", "4", "3"]

thisNumberList.sort()

put thisNumberList

-- ["1", "2", "3", "4", "5"]

If more is needed let me know. Love writing code.

Jack

• 2. Re: Repeat With + Property List + leaderboard / rank of best scores
            MAC800 Level 1

Hey thanks for the reply

How would you go about sorting in descending order. "Sort" seems to order them ascending 

Thanks

• 3. Re: Repeat With + Property List + leaderboard / rank of best scores
              Dee McDee Level 2

You would need to do something like this:

on mouseUp me

thisNumberList = ["5", "2", "1", "4", "3"]

thisNumberList.sort()

newNumberList = []

repeat with i = thisNumberList.count() down to 1

newNumberList.add(thisNumberList[i])

end repeat

put newNumberList

end mouseUp

-- ["5", "4", "3", "2", "1"]

• 4. Re: Repeat With + Property List + leaderboard / rank of best scores
                jackblackweb Level 1

Hey MAC800,

Heres a way using text strings and comma separated values to sort scores and contestant names for display.

Link to sample movie:

http://www.theclickpoint.com/DIRECTOR FORUM/sortScores.dir

Screen shot of display:

scoreDisplay.PNG

Code:

on mouseDown me

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- here a string of comma separated scores is created "scores"

scores = ""

firstScoreMemberNumber = member("score1").number

lastScoreMemberNumber = member("score50").number

repeat with scoreMemberNumber = firstScoreMemberNumber to lastScoreMemberNumber       

if member(scoreMemberNumber).text > "" then -- avoid error

scoreToAdd = string(member(scoreMemberNumber).text).value       

scores = scores&scoreToAdd&","   

end if   

end repeat

-- delete last comma to avoid error

if scores.char[scores.char.count] = "," then delete scores.char[scores.char.count] 

-- put scores

-- "22,59,67,62,77,84,98,22,73,99,79,62,84,69,61,77,64,84,89,99"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- here a string of comma separated contestant names is created "names"

names = ""

firstScoreMemberName = member("contestants1").number

lastScoreMemberName = member("contestants50").number 

repeat with scoreMemberName = firstScoreMemberName to lastScoreMemberName   

if member(scoreMemberName).text > "" then -- avoid error

nameToAdd = member(scoreMemberName).text

names = names&nameToAdd&","

end if

end repeat

if names.char[names.char.count] = "," then delete names.char[names.char.count] 

-- put names

-- "Bob,John,Susie,Paul,Judie,Ray,Chris,Jose,Katie,Quen,Arnold,Betty,Mary,Marlo,Julio,Ben,Ke vin,Matthew,Barack,George"

-- here the contestants name and score are placed on the line number of member("step1").text corresponding to the score value

-- for example, if the score is 20 the contestants name and score are placed on line 20 (separated by a colon &SPACE)

-- if contestant scores match they are placed on the same line separated by a comma

member("step1").text = ""

repeat with zxc = 1 to scores.item.count 

member("step1").line[string(scores.item[zxc]).value] = member("step1").line[string(scores.item[zxc]).value]&names.item[zxc]&":"&SPACE&scores.ite m[zxc]&","

end repeat 

-- here a comma separated string of the contestants names and scores is created

step2 = ""

repeat with zxc = 1 to member("step1").line.count   

if member("step1").line[zxc] > "" then      

step2 = step2&member("step1").line[zxc]

end if       

end repeat

if step2.char[step2.char.count] = "," then delete step2.char[step2.char.count] 

-- put step2

-- "Bob: 22,Jose: 22,John: 59,Julio: 61,Paul: 62,Betty: 62,Kevin: 64,Susie: 67,Marlo: 69,Katie: 73,Judie: 77,Ben: 77,Arnold: 79,Ray: 84,Mary: 84,Matthew: 84,Barack: 89,Chris: 98,Quen: 99,George: 99"

-- here the contestants name and score are copied as items to member("displayScores").text 

member("displayScores").text = ""

repeat with zxc = 1 to step2.item.count

member("displayScores").text = member("displayScores").text&step2.item[zxc]&RETURN

end repeat 

end