1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 4, 2014 9:29 AM by Todd_Kopriva

Texture Memory/Multiprocessing

Nightjar Level 1

Hi,

In the Preview menu there is an option for "Texture Memory". What exactly is it for an how high should I set it?

(I can only go up to 2900MB eventhough I have a 4 GB Card, is that normal?)

In the multiprocessing menu I can enable "Render multiple frames simultaniously" --> I guess that speeds

op my work flow. Ho high should I set "Ram Allocation per backgorund CPU"? Defaul is 4 GB

Thanks for helping.

Cheers

System:

Windows 8.1 64-bit

Intel i7 4930K

Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB

ASUS P9X79

32GB Gforce 2133Mhz RAM

Corsair H100i water Cooling

Coolermaster 850 W

250 GB SSD for OS and Programms

• 1. Re: Texture Memory/Multiprocessing
          Todd_Kopriva Level 8

> In the Preview menu there is an option for "Texture Memory". What exactly is it for an how high should I set it?

(I can only go up to 2900MB eventhough I have a 4 GB Card, is that normal?)

Regarding what texture memory is, see this.

The setting within After Effects is limited to a fraction of the total VRAM on your GPU because the VRAM is also needed for other things (e.g., your monitor, other applications using the GPU). A good rule of thumb is to set the texture memory for After Effects to 70% of the VRAM if After Effects is the only GPU-heavy application that you're using.

> In the multiprocessing menu I can enable "Render multiple frames simultaniously" --> I guess that speeds

op my work flow. Ho high should I set "Ram Allocation per backgorund CPU"?

See this:

"FAQ: What are optimum memory settings for best performance in After Effects?"