7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 4, 2014 6:29 PM by Steve Grisetti

Titles keep moving

JeffWells

I am using Premier Elements 12 on a Windows 7 system.

I have a series of videos of my son at a sporting event which I need to send to college coaches. I was able to combine the clips into 1 video fairly easily.

It is not always easy to tell where my son is, so I added a title to the first few seconds of each clip. I placed the title near my son so it would be easy for the coaches to identify him.

The problem is that the title keeps moving around the screen. I keep placing it at his feet or above his head and in almost every clip when I go to replay the video, the title has moved?

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Thanks in advance for your help.

Jeff

• 1. Re: Titles keep moving
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

What model of camcorder is your video coming from and what format is it?

What Publish & Share template are you using to output your movie?

This shifting of objects seems to be more likely with certain video types.

• 2. Re: Titles keep moving
            JeffWells Level 1

The video was taken by my cell phone - it is in MP4 format.

The movement happens before I even get to Publish and Share. As I move from Edit point to Edit point and back - the titles move.

• 3. Re: Titles keep moving

I'm not sure what ". As I move from Edit point to Edit point and back" means.

What exactly are you doing and what are you seeing when you do it?

• 4. Re: Titles keep moving
                JeffWells Level 1

Thanks for taking the time with this.

I was trying to use the terminology from the program itself. The beginning and end of each clip is an edit point as is the beginning and end of each title.

There are controls when viewing the entire video (which in this case consists of about 10 clips from 2 days of competition) that allow you to play/pause, step forward, step back, rewind, fast forward and at the very end of each side "Go to Next Edit Point."

So I put the title for each clip to play during the first few seconds and then fade out. I finish one and move to the next to fix the positioning. When I return to the first one, it is not where I placed it.

I uploaded the video to YouTube before I realized what was happening. If you play through you will see "Charlie" on screen each time he changes opponents. I placed the name near him, but it generally doesn't show up there.

You can see it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJn4XFev7Fc

• 5. Re: Titles keep moving

I'm still not quite sure what yo're describing, Jeff. And I'm not seeing now it's manifesting itself in your YouTube video.

You say that "When I return to the first one, it is not where I placed it."

Where is it?

Could you be seeing the results of the ripple effect, which causes video clips to move to the right when a new video is inserted into the timeline?

Can you post a screen capture of your timeline to this forum so we can see where your clips are moving to when you fix the positioning of a second clip?

• 6. Re: Titles keep moving
                    JeffWells Level 1

I think I figured it out.

I had copied and pasted the Title from one clip to the next and I'm guessing when I moved one, they all moved.

I went back and deleted and did all of the titles individually clip by clip and now they are showing up where they are supposed to be!

Thanks for your help,

• 7. Re: Titles keep moving

Glad you were able to figure it out, Jeff.