20 Replies Latest reply on Mar 18, 2014 2:56 PM by A.T. Romano

Premiere Element 10 crashes on drag and drop disc menu

cantorsi

Hi I am running premiere elements 10 on mac osx 10.9

I am trying to use the disc menu and each time I drag the chosen template onto the window, the program crashes.

See video attached of problem

Pls help

Thanks

S

• 1. Re: Premiere Element 10 crashes on drag and drop disc menu
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately, this is the Premiere Pro Forum, and as you are using Premiere Elements, I will Move your post to that very helpful and active forum.

Your link, and any e-mail subscriptions will follow.

Good luck,

Hunt

[Moved to Premiere Elements Forum]

• 2. Re: Premiere Element 10 crashes on drag and drop disc menu
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Where did you get your program? Did you buy a boxed set, download it from Adobe or purchase it from the App Store.

For some reason, the App Store version has caused people lots of problems.

Other possibilities include your hardware limitations.But it's hard to say if that's an issue without knowing your processor and RAM load.

• 3. Re: Premiere Element 10 crashes on drag and drop disc menu

I also noticed that you have a lot of blank spaces on the timeline between  your clips, which can cause buggy behavior.

Trying filling those spaces in between the clips on your timeline with black video.

• 4. Re: Premiere Element 10 crashes on drag and drop disc menu
                cantorsi Level 1

Hi Hunt

Yes, purchased with photoshop elements from apple store.

My processor is 2.7ghz Intel core i7

I will try reducing the spaces see if this helps

• 5. Re: Premiere Element 10 crashes on drag and drop disc menu
                  cantorsi Level 1

Hi Steve

Closed the blank spaces, still crashes if I drag the disc menu template into window

any ideas what I can do?

Thanks

Simon

• 6. Re: Premiere Element 10 crashes on drag and drop disc menu

I might go to the App Store and demand a refund. I don't know why, but the App Store causes all sorts of problems!

Though you might want to check for corrupt fonts first. You'd be surprised how often they create these kinds of crashes.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/940869?tstart=0

You can purchase and download a stable version of the program from Amazon.com or the Adobe site.

• 7. Re: Premiere Element 10 crashes on drag and drop disc menu
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

cantorsi

What video card does your Premiere Elements 10 Mac computer use?

ATR

• 8. Re: Premiere Element 10 crashes on drag and drop disc menu
                        cantorsi Level 1

Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB graphics

• 9. Re: Premiere Element 10 crashes on drag and drop disc menu
                          cantorsi Level 1

how does one demand a refund from the app store?

• 10. Re: Premiere Element 10 crashes on drag and drop disc menu
                            cantorsi Level 1

sorry, just checked, I bought it from adobe direct! Anyone out there from adobe can help?

Maybe I can upgrade to a newer version, will that solve the issue?

I cant see anywhere on their site to upgrade, just buy new.

any ideas?

thanks

Simon

• 11. Re: Premiere Element 10 crashes on drag and drop disc menu
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

cantorsi

If you purchased the product as a download from Adobe, you should be able to get another download from Adobe http://www.adobe.com using Welcome cantorsi/My Orders or My Products.

Otherwise, you can download the Premiere Elements 10 Mac from the following web site and then install it with your purchased serial number that you already have.

Read the web site's Note: Very Important Instruction carefully otherwise you will get an Access Denied message.

http://prodesigntools.com/photoshop-elements-10-direct-download-links-pse-premiere-pre.htm l

I would include replacement of the Content download files as well as the program installation files.

Please let us know the outcome.

Thank you.

ATR

• 12. Re: Premiere Element 10 crashes on drag and drop disc menu
                                cantorsi Level 1

Do you think the app is corrupt? It does everything else fine.

• 13. Re: Premiere Element 10 crashes on drag and drop disc menu
                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

cantorsi

That was the thinking along the lines corrupted folders/files et al.

I am strictly an Elements Windows person and I am not sure of how you would do this for Premiere Elements 10 Mac, but....

If you can find the Premiere Elements 10 Mac settings file named Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs, you could delete that and determine if that remedies the situation.

Also, you could look for the DVD Templates Folders/Files on the hard drive to determine if they are in the correct location.

ATR

• 14. Re: Premiere Element 10 crashes on drag and drop disc menu
                                    cantorsi Level 1

Hi Guys

Well I uninstalled, deleted all preferences files, downloaded using your link, re-installed, and it still crashes the moment I drag the disc menu funtion on to the working window.

How do I either get a refund from adobe or get a free upgrade to a premiere that will work with mac?

Thanks

Simon

• 15. Re: Premiere Element 10 crashes on drag and drop disc menu
                                      cantorsi Level 1

I just installed a trial version of premiere 12, it works, it doesn crash, and the disc menus work fine.

So the problem is incompatibility with premiere 10.

How do I get an upgrade? Do I need to pay for it?

Thanks

Simon

• 16. Re: Premiere Element 10 crashes on drag and drop disc menu
                                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Simon

We are not Adobe. Just user to user here.

But, as I see it, you are going to have to purchase a serial number for Premiere Elements 12.

Details.

Adobe does not offer money back unless current version purchase is involved. When and where did you purchase Premiere Elements 10...within the last 15 to 30 days from an authorized reseller. If that is the case, you should go back to the authorized reseller to try to get your money back.

If you buy version 12 from Adobe, the person who has an earlier purchased version can buy the current version at a lowered price. Adobe no longer offers two choices of purchase

a. from online download - version specific to the operating system to which it is downloaded

or

b. boxed packaging - installation discs for Windows and Mac

Now Adobe sells only "a", the onlne download.

Some Possible Scenarios

a. In the try out that you downloaded, select Buy instead of Continue Try Out and purchase your Premiere Elements 12 installation files with serial number.

b. Leave the tryout installed. Look for your best price elsewhere for a boxed packaging, purchase. Then insert the serial number from the boxed packaging into the tryout.

c. Uninstall the tryout installed. Look for your best price elsewhere and go with that.

You can verify your situation with Adobe via its Adobe Chat to double check.

http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?product=premiere-elements&topic=orders-refunds-and-exc hanges

Are you going to buy Photoshop Elements 12 as well as Premiere Elements 12?

Please review and then let us know if questions or you need clarifications.

Thanks

ATR

• 17. Re: Premiere Element 10 crashes on drag and drop disc menu
                                          cantorsi Level 1

To anyone thinking of buying adobe premiere elements or in fact any adobe product.

I would seriously think twice about buying anything from this company.

Their  after sales service is absolutely horrendous.

If you have hours and hours to spend wasting time on hold while their support staff somewhere in new Delhi attempts with a polite ignorant blurred dialect of English, transferring you between, support staff, refunds, sales...then by all means purchase from them.

I strongly advise buying from a different company that give a s--t about its clients.

Adobe clearly don't

Its a shame they don't invest the same amount in their support and sales staff as they do in the applications.

Adobe Premiere elements 10 11 or 12 , never again.

• 18. Re: Premiere Element 10 crashes on drag and drop disc menu
                                            A.T. Romano Level 7

cantorsi

What happened? In your last post that I recall in your thread, you found that Premiere Elements 12 Mac worked well for you and you were asking how to purchase a serial number for it. You were given information on all that. Were did the bottom fall out of all of that?

I did not expect that you were ever going to get a refund from Adobe for your Premiere Elements 10 Mac which was no longer a current version. But that is for Adobe to say. Did you get your money back for 10? Or, is that the problem - you found that not possible and you did not want to purchase a serial number for 12 Mac?

If you ran into problems with the 12 workflow, could you say what they were? There were no mentions of version 12 problems from you.

Whatever your video editing decisions, we wish you well with your video editing projects.

We are glad for the opportunity to be of assistance if you think there is anything to salvage with regard to video editing with Premiere Elements.

Remember, I am not Adobe and have no protomotional or other ties to it. Just a user trying to help another user.

ATR

• 19. Re: Premiere Element 10 crashes on drag and drop disc menu
                                              cantorsi Level 1

Hi Mr Romano

You want to know why I wouldn't go near adobe again?

So this is what happened.

After paying for prem elements 10 and spending a week trying via adobe's tech support, you and the forums to find a solution for their program crashing, their only solution was buy a new version and we dont support programmes that are 2 yrs old.

It took them 3 days to get back to me to tell me that they would award me 20% discount from the cost of an upgrade.

When I finally got through to sales, the saleman told me that his system doesnt support at 20% discount but only a 15% discount. It took him 45 mintues to get an ok to give 20%. Then he discovered that I am no longer domicile in NY so he cant help me. Sent me to the UK support line to start the entire process again.

After 3 days and hours on hold with UK support/sales, they told me that cant transfer the 20% discount because that was given by the US customer services and that they need some time to get authorisation.

Two days later they got back to me and said they can give me the 20% discount from an inflated prices of 160%! ie instead of 20% of $79.99, now they can give me 20% off £79.99! I explained that this was unfair, they asked for another 48 hrs to escalate, still waiting for them to come back to me.

So I just called the USA support gave them an america cc and they finally agreed after 30 minutes with a friendly girl who could actually speak English with an intelligible accent that I could get prem elements 12 for  20% off $79.99.

Great? Well not really.

The stupid girl charged me $70 for premiere photoshop 12! I only discovered she had sent me the wrong serial number once the email arrived.

I called her back, she apologized and opologized and then took a further $70 promising to refund me the first $70 and explained that she could only refund me after she charged me for the correct license.

Once she charged me for the second time, she said, just in order to make sure you get your money back, pls hold I need to transfer you to refunds! Oy no!! Another 30 mins on hold.

So when I finally got through to some guy who spoke English with such a heavy Indian accent that he could of been offering me dinner for two, he promised to escalate my case and that someone with a heavier Indian accent would call me back within the next five days in order to give me a refund.

So, NO, I wont be buying from this pathetic company again.

I appreciate your help and support on this matter and realise you are not to blame for adobe's clear lack of support or the slightest regard for its clients time or money.

SC

• 20. Re: Premiere Element 10 crashes on drag and drop disc menu
                                                A.T. Romano Level 7

SC

The troubleshooter in me motivated me to ask this afternoon if Premiere Elements 12 had gone bad on you (performance wise) the way that Premiere Elements 10 had. On a personal level, I am sorry I asked since your reply conveyed how sensitive a matter this whole Adobe experience has turned into for you.

Wishing you all the best moving forward.

ATR