3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 5, 2014 10:16 AM by D Fosse

OMG, here we go again - return of the sign-in...

D Fosse Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I don't believe this. What I did now was to connect an external drive for back-up purposes. I had the CC app open. Within 15 seconds of connecting the drive I was logged out.

And then I had to go through the whole routine again with each single application.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1416330?tstart=0

• 1. Re: OMG, here we go again - return of the sign-in...

Seems repeatable. Once back up and running, I rebooted a couple of times and launched all apps several times, all OK. Then I reconnected the external. Took about a minute, then I was signed out again.

So what's the story with this http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/unable-login-creative-cloud-248.html  ? Has this been around for a while, or is it new?

I looked at the PDApp.log, but couldn't see the items mentioned. I saved out the entire log and can post it if required. I did find this, and some other similar entries:

(....)

03/04/14 22:36:37:718 | [WARN] |  | ASU | ProvSwitcher | ProvSwitcher |  |  | 4268 | Unable to fetch AppSerialNumber from amtLib xml file. Unable to check for ProductInfo mapping!

03/04/14 22:36:37:718 | [WARN] |  | ASU | ProvSwitcher | ProvSwitcher |  |  | 4268 | Dynamic XML Not Found

03/04/14 22:36:37:718 | [ERROR] |  | ASU | ProvSwitcher | ProvSwitcher |  |  | 4268 | Recieved empty serial number, returning false

03/04/14 22:36:37:718 | [ERROR] |  | ASU | ProvSwitcher | ProvSwitcher |  |  | 4268 | Product not running under subscription

• 2. Re: OMG, here we go again - return of the sign-in...

Ah, found it. It was buried deep within:

-----

03/04/14 22:35:23:194 | [WARN] |  | ASU | OPM | CryptEngine |  |  | 4180 | Failed in error: StreamTransformationFilter: invalid PKCS #7 block padding found

03/04/14 22:35:23:194 | [WARN] |  | ASU | OPM | OPM |  |  | 4180 | Failed to decrypt in opm_getValueForKey using Key1

03/04/14 22:35:23:194 | [WARN] |  | ASU | OPM | CryptEngine |  |  | 4180 | Failed in error: StreamTransformationFilter: invalid PKCS #7 block padding found

03/04/14 22:35:23:194 | [ERROR] |  | ASU | OPM | OPM |  |  | 4180 | Failed to decrypt in opm_getValueForKey using Key2

-----

This is the red flag, apparently. I'll try the IMSLib Replacer (linked above) later today, and report back.

• 3. Re: OMG, here we go again - return of the sign-in...

Well. I signed out from CC and ran the IMSLib Replacer, which was very quickly done. Signed back in.

Rebooted, launched several apps and everything's OK.

Then I reconnect the external. Three minutes later I'm signed out.

So that didn't work. Any other suggestions? As long as I don't do anything to the system, except open and close applications, everything seems to go well. Whether it's the USB disk or anything else I have no clue.