4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 4, 2014 6:57 PM by A.T. Romano

Narration will not upload to YouTube ?

Amyrazz04

I have rendered the video and have uploaded it twice, the music is there, but no narration. I'm totally new at this...is there a step I'm missing? Any help or trouble shooting would be most appreciated! @billhunt You seem to know a ton of usefull info-  Is there something I did wrong? I have my video, my narration on the line with the little microphone (yellow) and the music track on the bottom line with the speaker (green) everything plays fine when I render and play it back, but once I upload it to YouTube, the narration is gone.

• 1. Re: Narration will not upload to YouTube ?
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

First, a few questions, please:

1. What version of PrE are you using?
          2. What OS version are you running it on?
          3. Did you use the PrE Narration Tool, and if so, is the Narration Audio Clip on the Narration Track?
          4. If so, if you Select that Narration Clip, and then drag it to an empty "regular" Audio Track, say Audio Track 2, does that work?
          5. As a test, do a Publish+Share of the Timeline (or use the WAB, Work Area Bar, to limit this test to a short section of the Timeline), to say AVCHD w/ the H.264 CODEC. When that completes, test the output file in an AV player. Do you then get the Narration?

Good luck, and please let us know a bit more, plus how that test works for you.

Hunt

• 2. Re: Narration will not upload to YouTube ?
            Amyrazz04 Level 1

Thank you so much for your help! I didn't even realize there was a guided

or expert view! Once I got to the expert view, I played around with it and

it works!! Oh my goodness, thank you very much for taking the time to

respond. This really is nice software, but knowing all the ins and outs is

rough!

I should be good to go with it!

Thanks again!,

• 3. Re: Narration will not upload to YouTube ?
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Amyrazz04,

I should be good to go with it!

You are most welcome, and if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Good luck, and happy editing,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Narration will not upload to YouTube ?
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Amyrazz04

Great news that you resolved your narration issue with your YouTube uploads.

You wrote

Once I got to the expert view, I played around with it andit works!!

If you have time, it would be a great help to the Premiere Elements users to know the key troubleshooting

step that you took to resolve the problem.

There have been several reports of Premiere Elements narration issues lately and being able to put a

name of the fix here would help all.

Thanks.

ATR