0 Replies Latest reply on Mar 4, 2014 1:22 PM by fiber123

ID - Constant crashes when saving/closing documents

fiber123

A little background: In my normal job flow, I tend to work with multiple (3-5) files open at once, and these files change every so often as I complete one and move on to the next. I sometimes process 30-45 an hour in very rapid succession.

Since I've upgraded from InDesign CS5.5 to CC, I'm experiencing constant crashes, especially when saving and closing documents.

For example, I make the final changes to one document. I then use the keyboard shortcuts to save the document and then again to close the document. InDesign then disappears. The program is no longer accessible and will not re-open until I terminate the process.

When I restart InDesign, I have to cancel out all of the Document Recovery options, then close and restart ID a second time. If I try to open a document without another close/restart, all I see is a black document window.

This only occurs when I use keyboard shortcuts and multiple documents are open. Yes, yes, I could use the mouse to close and save, and I could work on one document at a time, but both of those cut my work speed significantly. (Not to mention my muscle memory for keyboard shortcuts.)

I have already deleted my preferences multiple times, even though this has been occuring on a daily basis since I did a complete clean install of CC after upgrading.

Is there anything else I can do? 

On a related note, does anyone know if ID CS5.5 is compatible with the other CC apps?