• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC stalls at - ImporterQuickTime.prm - "Unable to find any capable video play modules"

Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2014 Mar 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro CC stalls at 'ImporterQuickTime.prm', then it crashes with an error message "Premiere Pro could not find any capable video play modules. Please update your video display drivers and start again." I've tried the solutions on the support page and several I found on the internet. I tried completely uninstalling Quicktime as well and reloaded it. It still crashes. I have my original CS6 on my computer as well and it doesn't crash. Any great ideas?

Thanks

Robert

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 05, 2014 Mar 05, 2014

Thanks again John for the help,

As it turns out the problem was the display drivers (kinda-sorta). The clue was the stall at ImporterQuickTime.prm followed by the error screen referring to the inability to find a suitable driver. A long time ago I tested the JAWS software so I could have a better understanding of what a vision impaired person would hear when scanning an accessible website. I never bothered to remove this software. When I checked my device drivers on Windows I discovered that I ha

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your exact brand/model graphics adapter (ATI or nVidia or ???)

What is your exact graphics adapter driver version?

Have you gone to the vendor web site to check for a newer driver?

For Windows, do NOT rely on Windows Update to have current driver information

-you need to go direct to the vendor web site and check updates for yourself

ATI Driver Autodetect http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/auto-detect-tool

nVidia Driver Downloads http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

http://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/error---preludevideo-play-modules.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello John,

Thanks for responding. My cards are NVidia (2 nVidia GeForce GTS 250). I know they are unsupported but they work still the same with everything else. I will upgrade on my next build. I updated my driver last night to the latest version 334.89.

Robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some previous discussions that may help... or may not, but free to read

2 cards and 3 monitors http://forums.adobe.com/thread/875252

-and http://forums.adobe.com/thread/876675

Dual Card SLI http://forums.adobe.com/thread/872941

-problem http://forums.adobe.com/thread/872103

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello John,

Thanks again for the quick reply. I just finished reading the previous discussions you provided. I don't think the dual cards are the problem, I only have them in order to use 4 monitors. I understand that only one card will be used for GPU, and as it is,  since my cards aren't supported, that issue is moot, even with Harm Millaards hack, which I did try to no avail in this case The afore mentioned hack did improve performance with my CS6 non cloud version somewhat, which motivates me to upgrade my cards in the future to take advantage of supported GPU (on my next build and when I can afford it). All of my non cloud CS6 Master Suite products work perfectly with my dual card configuration without a hitch. The only problem seems to be with Premiere Pro CC.

Robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2014 Mar 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello John,

I mentioned at the start of this string that when opening   the program it would always stall at ImporterQuicktime.prm, as though it were searching for the plug-in, and then It crashes and displays the error message " Premiere Pro could not find any capable video play modules. Please update your video display drivers and start again."

I followed a hunch and located ImporterQuickTime.prm.

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC\Plug-ins\Common\ImporterQuickTime.prm

I found that if I right click ImporterQuickTime.prm and use the open command it will open Premiere Pro CC. However, since I jumped straight to this plug-in it seems that not all of the other plug-ins had loaded.  I was still able to open a project file and run it.

Somehow this corrected the original problem. After closing out Premiere Pro CC, I restarted it normally from the desktop and voila!,  it opened without a hitch.

I'm clueless as to why this worked, but it did. Hopefully this will be a useful solution for others.

I still have to take Premiere Pro out for a test spin to be sure there aren't any other bugs, but that will be tomorrow.

Thanks again for your help.

Robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello John,

I think I was a bit premature when I thought I found a fix. After I started my system up this morning I tried Premiere Pro CC and the problem was there again. I tried starting the program from the ImporterQuickTime.prm plug-in, but it didn't work this time.

I guess I'm back to square one.

Maybe the temporary fix will provide a clue to someone else as to what to try next.

Thanks,

Robert

I'll keep testing in the mean time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm... I have CS5 (home video so no income to pay for monthly CC) and I do not have Quicktime installed... and have never had your problem

Only other thing I can suggest is...

Adobe/Jive have a BAD title for the SEARCH THIS FORUM function

Go to http://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere and, in the area just under Ask a Question, type in

ImporterQuickTime.prm

You may now read previous discussions on this subject... be sure to click the See More Results at the bottom of the initial, short list if the initial list does not answer your question

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again John for the help,

As it turns out the problem was the display drivers (kinda-sorta). The clue was the stall at ImporterQuickTime.prm followed by the error screen referring to the inability to find a suitable driver. A long time ago I tested the JAWS software so I could have a better understanding of what a vision impaired person would hear when scanning an accessible website. I never bothered to remove this software. When I checked my device drivers on Windows I discovered that I had a virtual mirror driver by Freedom Scientific (The creators of JAWS). After removing the software and the driver I was able to open Premiere Pro CC normally, even after repeated tests and reboots of my computer. It has worked flawlessly every time.

As far as my previous success (and subsequent failure), I'm still clueless as to why that worked, albeit temporarily.

This is a fluke cause of failure and the fix probably won't help anyone else.

Regards,

Robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2014 Mar 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good troubleshooting... a 3rd party software driver is not something I would have suggested... that driver was clearly "hooking" into a part of the OS that then caused problems with PPro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2014 Jun 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this. I have been trying to fix this issue for 6 hours now. It turns out my NVIDIA Graphics card is causing the problem but my intel one works. I am very happy. I now get to sleep soundly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2014 Sep 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi i had the same problem as this. I went into device manager and disabled my AMD Graphics card (which made my screen screw up) I then managed to open Adobe premiere pro without a problem. Does anyone have a fix which can help run the Graphics card as well as open Premiere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2014 Nov 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to delete TEMP "c:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\Temp"

Premiere and After Effects again works fine!!!

Ondrej

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2015 Mar 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem and solved it by erasing the files in the temp folder from the date the issue started. Don't know what I erased that was causing the problem, don't know if it will stay fixed, but Premiere Pro just launched the right way for the first time in several days. Thanks for the suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2015 Sep 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Going to try that too. I had it working fine for a few days and then today it went sour. May be an update caused something to vanish. Windows Update, Adove CC update, or other software but I uninstalled and tested those and reinstalled, no go. Updating to latest Nvidia driver at the moment. Will check Temp folders to empty next if no joy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what's particularly interesting or puzzling is that After Effects is fine, so is PS and a few other CC tools. Just Premiere is the one that fails. I have other apps and they're fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good news, it's fixed. I found that a new Nvidia driver for my Quadro 1100M is available since 8/28 or so,  flagged as 'Urgent' on the DELL driver download site. That fixed the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

**Create a new user account in Windows.

°Go to start menu ------Search for CMD (Command Prompt )

°Run CMD as Administrator by right click on that.

°Type net user administrator/active:yes, and then press ENTER

°Sign In to Administrator Account

°Launch the Premiere Pro CC 2019(13.0.1)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines