1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 5, 2014 10:05 AM by Szalam

failure in proxy use

Juulien

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with offline editing in a roundtrip between After Effects CC and Premiere Pro CC. I'll tell you exactly what I am doing, maybe someone can point what I'm doing wrong. I use Windows 7.

So I intend to edit and do the the color corrections to DNG's from magic lantern 14 bit raw files. I first convert the DNGs into photo jpeg files in AE. Then I import thoses photo jpeg files(which have the same name as the DNG files) into PP, and do my editing. Once finished, I click right on the sequence and select "Replace by an AE composition".

In AE, I set the project window for 16 bits. I set DNG sequences as proxies for the photojpeg files(the square is filled). Then I want to render the composition as a master in quicktime animation. So I put the compostion in the render queue, I select "Use only the proxies of the compostion". I hit "render", and at this very moment the squares from the project window arn't filled with white anymore... And when I import the quicktime animation file into Premiere, I can see that the quality is far away from the DNG's one: even with "integral resolution" actived in the reading window, I can see pixels, and my weak computer can read the footage way to easily...

Can anybody help?

Thanks for reading!

• 1. Re: failure in proxy use
          Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I'm not sure I understand your workflow.

If you're telling Premiere to replace footage with an AE composition, there's no need to render out of AE; Premiere should have access to the AE file right in the timeline.

Perhaps it would be better to just import your whole Premiere project into AE and work that way.