3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 7, 2014 9:28 AM by Eman Fu

Unable to send email

MadgerBadger

I have created an online form but I am having a problem when respondents are wanting to save the form (rather than submit) in order to return to it. After they type in their email address and click Save & Send an error message appears which I've attached below:

error message.JPG

If you can help me out that would be great!

Thanks

M

• 1. Re: Unable to send email
          Eman Fu Adobe Employee

Hi,

I have taken a look at the server log for the error you mentioned. It appears that the From email address  you configured in the Save Web Form option is "ma...en@cigna.com". However, the FormsCentral account under that address is not a co-author of your form, which is under the email address "ma...en@yahoo.co.uk". For security reason, we don't send data saved emails for this situation.

There are 2 possible solutions:

1. Share your form to the account "ma...en@cigna.com" as a co-author.

2. Change the From address in your Save Web Form settings to the account that owns the form.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Thanks,

Eman Fu

Senior Computer Scientist

Adobe Systems Incorporated

• 2. Re: Unable to send email
            MadgerBadger Level 1

Hi Eman

I need to be able to send this form out to a lot of people so setting them all up as co-authors wouldn't be suitable!

I have therefore  added an email field to the form which appears to work OK.

Thanks!

M

• 3. Re: Unable to send email
              Eman Fu Adobe Employee

Hi M,

There is a misunderstanding here. :-)  Let me try to clarify.

When your form filler saves their progress for the first time, he/she will receive an email telling him/her a link to retrieve the form with their data back. That email is sent "To" the filler, but has a "From" address that you can configure in your Save Web Form option panel. You can either choose formscentral-noreply@adobe.com, yourself, or one of the form's co-author.

In your original setting, the From address for the above email is "maXXXen@cigna.com", which was not a co-author of your form. Your account is using the email address "maXXXen@yahoo.co.uk", and the above address seems to be your another email address since it has the same name. I checked your account again, and looks like you have added maXXXen@cigna.com as the form's co-author. Therefore, the data-saved email can now be successfully sent.

I hope the above explanation make things clear. Please let me know if you have further questions.

Thanks,

Eman Fu

Senior Computer Scientist

Adobe Systems Incorporated